A vector network analyzer (VNA) with a bulk current injection (BCI) probe is proposed to measure the transmission coefficient of a PCB. The purpose of developing such a measurement techniques is to predict the radiated emission for good correlation with the fully-anechoic chamber measured results. In this study, the proposed method is used to determine the radiated emission from a DC supply loop. Moreover, the proposed method can be further used to accurately predict the reduction of radiated emission from the improved DC supply loop. Electromagnetic simulations is also developed to confirm the accuracy of the proposed techniques.
2. Ding, , T.-H., , Y.-S. Li, X. Yan, and Y.-Z. Qu, , "A new effcient method for calculation and suppression of simultaneous switching noise with the time-domain impedance function for high-speed circuit design," circuit design, Vol. 112, 41-62, 2011.
3. Methods and designs for improving the signal integrity of vertical interconnects in high performance packaging, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 1-11, 2012.
4. Horng, T. S. , S. M. Wu, and , "Radiation from a microstrip amplifier," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 5, 2005-2010, 200.
5. Kwon, , J. H., H. D. Choi, and , "Experimental verification of correlation algorithm between FAC and open area test site/SAC," IEEE Int. Symp. Electromagn. Compat., 910-914, 2003.
6. Li, P. , L. Jiang, and , "The far field transformation for the antenna modeling based on spherical electric field measurements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 243-261, 2012.
7. Chen, , X., , "Measurements and evaluations of multi-element antennas based on limited channel samples in a reverberation chamber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 45-62, 2012.
8. Staniec, K., "Evaluation of the ZigBee transmission repetitionvmechanism in the variably-loaded reverberation chamber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 297-314, 2012.
9. Yan, W., , J.-D. Xu, N.-J. Li, and W. Tan, , "A novel fast near-field electromagnetic imaging method for full rotation problem," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 387-401, 2011.
10. Qureshi, , M. A., , C. H. Schmidt, and T. F. Eibert, , "Adaptive sampling in multilevel plane wave based near-field far-field trans-formed planar near-field measurement," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 126, 481-497, 2012.
11. Lotito, V., , U. Sennhauser, C. V. Hafner, and G.-L. Bona, "Interaction of an asymmetric scanning near field optical microscopy probe with fluorescent molecules," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 281-299, 2011.
12. Liao, , C.-C. , Y.-L. Lo, and , "Phenomenological model combining dipole-interaction signal and background effects for analyzing modulated detection in apertureless scanning near-field optical microscopy," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 112, 415-440, 2011.
13. Chevallier, , D., D. Baudry, and A. Louis, "Improvement of electrical near-field measurements with an electro-optic test bench," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 40, 381-398.
14. Chen, K. S., T. S. Horng, C. Y. Ho, J. M. Wu, and K. C. Peng, "Diagnosis of EMI to laptop WWAN device from TFT-LCD driver using non-contact measurement-based transfer function technique," IEEE Int. Symp. Electromagn. Compat., 301-304, Jul. 201.
15. Bockelman, , D. E., W. R. Eisenstadt, and , "Combined differential and common-mode scattering parameters --- Theory and simulation," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 43, 1530-1539, 1995..
16. Chen, C., , "Examination of electronic module immunity using transfer functions," IEEE Int. Symp. Electromagn. Compat., 756-761, 2005.
17. Grassi, , F., , F. Marliani, and S. A. Pignari, , "Circuit modeling of injection probes for bulk current injection," IEEE Trans. on Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 49, No. 3, 563-576, 2007.
18. Ho, , C.-Y., , K.-S. Chen, and T.-S. Horng, "Prediction of common-mode radiated emission from PCB using vector network analyzer with a bulk injection current probe," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 16, 2121-2129, 2012..
19. Choi, , S. P., , J. W. Kwon, K. E. Chang, J. T. Kim, and M. K. Han, "EMI analysis of TFT-LCD driver IC," Proc. 17th Int. Zurich Symp. Electromagn. Compat., 606-609, 2006.
20. Han, , S. M., J.-J. Bang, C.-S. Huh, and J.-S. Choi, "A PCB noise analysis regarding emp penetration using an electromagnetic topology method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , Vol. 122, 15-27, 2012..
21. Li, , Z., , L. L. Liu, and C. Q. Gu, "Generalized equivalent cable bundle method for modeling emc issues of complex cable bundle terminated in arbitrary loads ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 13-30, 2012.
22. Eudes, , T., , B. Ravelo, and A. Louis, "Transient response characterization of the high-speed interconnection rlcg-model for the signal integrity analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 112, 183-197, 2011.
23. Paul, , C. R., "A comparison of the contributions of common-mode and di®erential-mode currents in radiated emissions," IEEE Trans. on Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 31, No. 2, 189-193, 1989.