In this paper, a wide slot loop antenna with an adjustable back-reflector is introduced. Five working statuses are defined by simply adjusting the distances between the radiator and the reflector. Measured results show the total available operating band with better than 10 dB return loss ranges from 0.84 GHz to 3.04 GHz (113.4%). The radiation properties of the array are tested in an anechoic chamber. Stable unidirectional radiations with more than 8.3 dB gains are observed in the working band. Apart from that, the straightforward two-portion arrangement of the design provides cost-effective solution for mass production. All these features make the antenna an appropriate substitute for multiple narrowband antennas.
2. Li, , Y.-S., , X.-D. Yang, C.-Y. Liu, and T. Jiang, , "Analysis and investigation of a cantor set fractal UWB antenna with a notch-band characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 33, 99-114, 2011.
3. Mao, , J. Y., Z. R. Li, Q. X. Guo, H. Zhang, X. Q. Zhang, X. F. Wu, and Y. Yang, "A wideband Quasi-Yagi antenna with arrow-shaped dipoles for digital TV band applications," Journalof Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 13, 1716-1723, 2012.
4. Lin, , S., , Y. Tian, J. Lu, D. Wu, J.-H. Liu, and H.-J. Zhang, "A UWB printed dipole antenna and its radiation characteristic analysis ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,, Vol. 31, 83-96, 2012.
5. Islam, , M. T., , R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
6. Yang, , Y., Y.-Z. Yin, Y.-Q. Wei, B.-W. Liu, and A.-F. Sun, "A circular wide-slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristics for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 23, 145-145, 2011..
7. Ren, , F. C., , F. S. Zhang, B. Chen, G. Zhao, and F. Zhang, "Compact UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 23, 181-189, 2011.
8. Tilanthe, P., P. C. Sharma, and T. K. Bandopadhyay, "A compact UWB antenna with dual band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 35, 389-405, 2011.
9. Quan, , X. L., , R.-L. Li, J. Y. Wang, and Y. H. Cui, "Development of a broadband horizontally polarized omnidirectional planar antenna and its array for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 441-456, 2012 .
10. Levy, M., , S. Bose, A. V. Dinh, and D. Sriram Kumar, "A novelistic fractal antenna for ultra wideband (UWB) applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 45, 369-393, 2012.
11. Ta, , S. X., , H. Choo, and I. Park, "Wideband double-dipole yagi-uda antenna fed by a microstrip-slot coplanar stripline transition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 44, 71-87, 2012.
12. Malekpoor, , H., S. Jam, and , "Ultra-wideband shorted patch antennas fed by folded-patch with multi resonances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 44, 309-326, 2012.
13. Sagnard, , F., "A compact coplanar broadband rectangular slot antenna with E-shaped feeding structure for GPR applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,, Vol. 40, 241-260, 2012.
14. Mitra, , D., D. Das, and S. R. Bhadra Chaudhuri, , "Bandwidth enhancement of microstrip line and CPW-FED asymmetrical slot antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 32, 69-79, 2012.
15. Chen, , Y.-C., , S.-Y. Chen, and P. Hsu, "A modified CPW-fed slot loop antenna with reduced cross polarization and size," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propog. Lett., Vol. 10, 1124-1126, 2011..
16. Shynu, , S. V. , M. J. Ammann, and , "A printed CPW-fed slot-loop antenna with narrowband omnidirectional features," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, No. 4, 673-680, 2009.
17. Chi, , P.-L., K. M. Leong, R. Waterhouse, and T. Itoh, "A miniaturized CPW-fed capacitor-loaded slot-loop antenna," Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Signals, Syst. Electron.,, 595-598, 2007.
18. Chi, , K.-C., , S.-Y. Chen, and P. Hsu, , "Miniaturization of slot loop antenna using split-ring resonators," Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symp.,, 2009.
19. Cai, , M. , M. Ito, and , "New type of printed polygonal loop antenna,"," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Pt. H, , Vol. 138, No. 5, 389-396, 1991.
20. Mandal, , M. K. , Z. N. Chen, and , "Compact dual-band and ultrawide band loop antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 59, No. 8, 2774-2779, 2011.
21. Low, , X. N., , Z. N. Chen, and T. S. P. See, , "A UWB dipole antenna with enhanced impedance and gain performance," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 57, No. 10, 2959-2966, 2009.
22. Lin, , X.-C. , L.-T. Wang, and , "A broadband CPW-fed loop slot antenna with harmonic control," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propog.Lett., Vol. 2, No. 1, 323-325, 2003.
23. Schantzand, , H. , M. Barnes, and , "The COTAB UWB magnetic slot antenna," IEEE Intern. Symp. on AP, Vol. 4, 104-107, 2001.
24. Leib, , M., M. Frei, and W. Menzel, "A microstrip-fed ultra-wideband slot antenna," Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symp., , 2009.
25. Wang, , N. B., , Y. C. Jiao, L. Zhang, Y. Song, and F. S. Zhang, "A simple low-loss broadband 1--14 GHz microstrip-to-slotline transition," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,, Vol. 51, 2236-2239, 2009.
26. Fei, , P., Y. C. Jiao, W. Hu, and F. S. Zhang, , "Microstrip to slotline transition with a 22 : 1 bandwidth," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 11--12, 1500-1506, 2012.