In this paper, a new simple equivalent circuit model for analysis of dispersion and interaction impedance characteristics of ridge-loaded folded-waveguide slow-wave structure is presented. In order to make the computational results more accurately, the effects of the presence of the beam-hole and discontinuity due to the waveguide bend and the narrow side dimension change of this kind of structure were considered. The dispersion characteristics and the interaction impedance are numerical calculated and discussed. The analytical results agree very well with those obtained by the 3-D electromagnetic high-frequency simulation software. It is indicated that the equivalent circuit methods are reliable and high efficiency.
2. Kesari, V., "Beam-absent analysis of disc-loaded-coaxial waveguide for application in gyro-TWT (Part-1)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 211-227, 2010.
3. Kesari, V., "Beam-present analysis of disc-loaded-coaxial waveguide for its application in gyro-TWT (Part-2)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 229-243, 2010.
4. Kesari, V. and J. P. Keshari, "Analysis of a circular waveguide loaded with dielectric and metal discs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 253-269, 2011.
5. Mustafa, F. and A. M. Hashim, "Properties of electromagnetic fields and effective permittivity excited by drifting plasma waves in semiconductor-insulator interface structure and equivalent transmission line technique for multi-layered structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 403-425, 2010.
6. Duan, Z., Y. Wang, X. Mao, W.-X. Wang, and M. Chen, "Experimental demonstration of double-negative metamaterials partially filled in a circular waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 215-224, 2011.
7. Kuo, C.-W., S.-Y. Chen, Y.-D. Wu, and M.-H. Chen, "Analyzing the multilayer optical planar waveguides with double-negative metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 110, 163-178, 2010.
8. Choi, J. J., C. M. Armstrong, F. Calise, A. K. Ganguly,R. H. Kyser, G. S. Park, R. K. Parker, and F. Wood, "Experimental observation of coherent millimeter wave radiation in a folded waveguide employed with a gyrating electron beam," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 76, No. 22, 4273-4276, May 1996.
9. Kory, C., J. David, H. T. Tran, L. Ives, and D. Chernin, "Folded waveguide circuit optimizations using Christine 1D," Proc. 32nd IEEE Int. Conf. Plasma Sci., 333, Jun. 2005.
10. Booske, J. H., "New opportunities in vacuum electronics through the application of microfabrication technologies," Proc. Int. Vac. Electron. Conf., 11-12, Apr. 2002.
11. Han, S. T., K. H. Jang, J. K. So, J. I. Kim, Y. M. Shin, N. M. Ryskin, S. S. Chang, and G. S. Park, "Low-voltage operation of Ka-band folded waveguide traveling-wave tube," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 32, No. 1, 60-66, Feb. 2004.
12. Booske, J. H., M. C. Converse, C. L. Kory, C. T. Chevalier,D. A. Gallagher, K. E. Kreischer, V. O. Heinen, and S. Bhattacharjee, "Accurate parametric modeling of folded waveguide circuits for millimeter-wave traveling wave tubes," IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices, Vol. 52, No. 5, 685-694, May 2005.
13. Han, S. T., J. I. Kim, K. H. Jang, J. K. So, S. S. Chang,N. M. Ryskin, and G. S. Park, "Experimental investigation of millimeter wave folded-waveguide TWT," Proc. Int. Vac. Electron. Conf., 322-323, May 2003.
14. He, J., et al., "Investigation of a ridge-loaded folded waveguide slow-wave system for the millimeter wave traveling wave tube," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 38, No. 7, 1556-1562, 2010.
15. Liu, S., "Folded waveguide circuit for broadband MM wave TWTs," Int. J. Infrared Millim Waves, Vol. 16, 809-815, 1995.
16. Na, Y. H., S. W. Chung, and J. J. Choi, "Analysis of a broadband Q-band folded-waveguide traveling-wave tube," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 30, 1017-1022, 2002.
17. Han, S.-T., J.-I. Kim, and G. S. Park, "Design of a folded waveguide traveling-wave tube," Microw Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 38, 161-165, 2003.
18. Sumathy, M., K. J. Vinoy, and S. K. Datta, "Analysis of ridge-loaded folded-waveguide slow-wave structures for broadband traveling-wave tubes," IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices, Vol. 57, No. 6, 1440-1446, Jun. 2010.
19. Liu, Y., J. Xu, Y.-Y. Wei, X. Xu, F. Shen, M. Huang, T. Tang,W.-X. Wang, Y.-B. Gong, and J. Feng, "Design of a V-band high-power sheet-beam coupled-cavity traveling-wave tube," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 31-45, 2012.
20. Tahir, F. A., H. Aubert, and E. Girard, "Equivalent electrical circuit for designing mems-controlled reflectarray phase shifters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 1-12, 2010.
21. Klopf, E. M., S. B. Manic, M. M. Ilic, and B. M. Notaroš, "Effcient time-domain analysis of waveguide discontinuities using higher order FEM in frequency domain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 215-234, 2011.
22., High Frequency Structure Simulator User's Reference, Ansoft Corp., Pittsburgh, PA, 2001.
23. Collin, R. E., Foundations for Microwave Engineering, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 2000.
24. Marcuvitz, N., "Waveguide Handbook," McGraw-Hill, New York, 1951.
25. Hutter, R. G. E., "Beam and Wave Electronics in Microwave Tubes," Van Nostrand, New York, 1960.