This paper presents an extended delay-rational macromodel for electromagnetic interference analysis of mixed signal circuits. Firstly, an S-parameter matrix based delay-rational macromodel of the associated microwave network or system is established. Then, we extend the macromodel to include the external electromagnetic interference effects. The forced waves induced by the excitation fields are computed using full-wave method and treated as additional equivalent sources. Next, the macromodel is modified to embed the additional sources at each corresponding port. Finally, the resulting macromodel is converted into equivalent circuit for circuit analysis with the corresponding linear and non-linear port terminations. Several examples are computed by using the proposed method and the numerical results are compared with those obtained by 3-D FDTD method only. They are all in a good agreement that validate this method.
2. Erdin, I., R. Khazaka, and M. Nakhla, "Simulation of high speed interconnects in multilayered medium in the presence of incidence field," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 12, 2251-2257, Dec. 1998.
3. Tesche, F. M., M. V. Ianoz, and T. Karlsson, EMC Analysis Methods and Computational Models, Wiley, New York, 1997.
4. Paul, C. R., "A SPICE model for multiconductor transmission lines excited by an incident electromagnetic field," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 36, No. 4, 342-354, Nov. 2009.
5. Pergol, M. and W. Zieniutycz, "Rectangular microstrip resonator illuminated by normal-incident plane wave," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 83-97, 2011.
6. Sui, W., D. A. Christensen, and C. H. Durney, "Extending the two dimensional FDTD method to hybrid electromagnetic systems with active and passive lumped elements," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 40, No. 4, 724-730, Apr. 1992.
7. Picket-May, M., A. Taflove, and J. Baron, "FDTD modeling of digital signal propagation in 3-D circuits with passive and active loads," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 42, No. 8, 1514-1523.
8. Leviatan, Y., E. Hudis, and P. D. Einziger, "A method of moments analysis of electromagnetic coupling through slots using a Gaussian beam expansion," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, 1537-1544, Dec. 1989.
9. Rajamani, V., C. F. Bunting, M. D. Deshpande, and Z. A. Khan, "Validation of modal/MoM in shielding effectiveness studies of rectangular enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 48, No. 2, 348-353, May 2006.
10. Carpes, Jr., W. P., L. Pichon, and A. Razek, "Analysis of the coupling of an incident wave with a wire inside a cavity using an FEM in frequency and time domains,", Vol. 44, No. 3, 470-475, Aug. 2002.
11. Klopf, E. M., S. B. Manic, M. M. Ilic, and B. M. Notaros, "Efficient time-domain analysis of waveguide discontinuities using higher order FEM in frequency domain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 215-234, 2011.
12. Bayram, Y. and J. L. Volakis, "Hybrid S-parameters for transmission line networks with linear/nonlinear load terminations subject to arbitrary excitations," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 5, 941-950, May 2007.
13. Xie, H., J. Wang, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "A hybrid FDTD-SPICE method for transmission lines excited by a nonuniform incident wave," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 811-817, Aug. 2009.
14. Xie, H., J. Wang, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "Spice models for radiated and conducted susceptibility analyses of multiconductor shielded cables," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 241-257, 2010.
15. Yang, T., Y. Bayram, and J. L. Volakis, "Hybrid analysis of electromagnetic interference effects on microwave active circuits within cavity enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 52, No. 3, 745-748, Aug. 2010.
16. Xie, H., J. Wang, D. Sun, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "SPICE simulation and experimental study of transmission lines with TVSs excited," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2-3, 401-411, 2010.
17. Achar, R. and M. S. Nakhla, "Simulation of high-speed interconnects," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 89, 693-728, May 2001.
18. Watanabe, T. and H. Asai, "Synthesis of time-domain models for interconnects having 3-D structure based on FDTD method," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Vol. 47, 302-305, Apr. 2000.
19. Li, E., E. X. Liu, L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "A coupled efficient and systematic full-wave time-domain macromodeling and circuit simulation method for signal integrity analysis of high-speed interconnects," IEEE Trans. Advanced Packaging, Vol. 27, No. 1, Feb. 2004.
20. Liu, E.-X. and E.-P. Li, "Finite-difference time-domain macro-model for simulation of electromagnetic interference at high-speed interconnects," IEEE Trans. Magnetics., Vol. 41, 65-71, Jan. 2005.
21. Remis, R. F., "An efficient model-order reduction approach to low-frequency transmission line modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 39-155, 2010.
22. Gustavsen, B. and A. Semlyen, "Rational approximation of frequency domain responses by vector fitting," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 14, 1052-1061, Jul. 1999.
23. Gustavsen, B., "Computer code for rational approximation of frequency dependent admittance matrices," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 17, 1167-1098, Oct. 2002.
24. Charest, A., D. Saraswat, M. Nakhla, R. Achar, and N. Soveiko, "Compact macromodeling of high-speed circuits via delayed rational functions," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 17, 828-830, Dec. 2007.
25. Charest, A., M. Nakhla, and R. Achar, "Delay extracted stable rational approximations for tabulated networks with periodic reflections," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 19, 768-770, Dec. 2009.
26. Chinea, A., P. Triverio, and S. Grivet-Talocia, "Delay-based macromodeling of long interconnects from frequency-domain terminal responses," IEEE Trans. Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, 246-256, Feb. 2010.
27. Triverio, P., S. Grivet-Talocia, and A. Chinea, "Identification of highly efficient delay-rational macromodels of long interconnects from tabulated frequency data," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, No. 3, 566-577, Mar. 2010.
28. Charest, A., M. S. Nakhla, R. Achar, D. Saraswat, N. Soveiko, and I. Erdin, "Time domain delay extraction-based macromodeling algorithm for long-delay networks," IEEE Trans. Advanced Packaging, Vol. 33, 219-235, Feb. 2010.
29. Erdin, I., M. S. Nakhla, and R. Achar, "Circuit analysis of electromagnetic radiation and field coupling effects for networks with embedded full-wave modules," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 42, No. 4, 449-460, Nov. 2000.
30. Yao, J. and P. Krolak, "The generalized Gabor transform," IEEE Trans. Image Process., Vol. 4, 978-988, Jul. 1995.
31. Gustavsen, B. and J. Nordstrom, "Pole identification for the universal line model based on trace fitting," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 23, No. 1, Jan. 2008.
32. Cangellaris, A. C. and M. Celik, "Electromagnetic model order reduction for system-level modeling," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 6, 840-851, Jun. 1999.