Principle component analysis based through wall image enhancement is proposed which is capable of discriminating target, noise and clutter signals. The overlapping boundaries of clutter, noise and target signals are separated using fuzzy logic. Fuzzy inference engine is used to assign weights to principle components. The proposed scheme works well significantly for extracting multiple targets having different range profiles in heavy cluttered through wall images. Simulation results are compared on the basis of mean square error, peak signal to noise ratio and visual inspection.
2. Ferris, D. D and N. C. Currie, "A survey of current technologies for through the wall surveillance (TWS)," Proceedings of the SPIE, Vol. 3577, 62-72, 1998.
3. Muqaibel, A., A. Safaai-Jazi, A. Bayram, M. Attiya, and S. M. Riad, "Ultrawideband through-the-wall propagation," IEE Proceedings Microwave, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 152, 581-588, 2005.
4. Amin, M. G., Through the Wall Radar Imaging, , CRC press, USA, 2011.
5. Zheng, W., Z, Zhao, and Z. P. Nie, "Application of TRM in the UWB through wall radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 279-296, 2008.
6. Solimene, R., F.Soldovieri, G. Prisco, and R. Pierri, "Three-dimensional throughwall imaging under ambiguous wall parameters," IEEE Transaction on Geo-science and Remote Sensing, Vol. 47, No. 5, 1310-1317, 2009.
7. Zhu, F., S, C. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, T. W. C. Brown, J. Li, and J. D. Xu, "Low-prole directional ultra-wideband antenna for see-through-wall imaging applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 121-139, 2011.
8. Wang, G. and M. G. Amin, "Imaging through unknown walls using different standoff distances," IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, Vol. 54, 4015-4025, 2006.
9. Lu, T., K. Agarwal, Y. Zhong, and X. Chen, "Through-wall imaging: Application of subspace-based optimization method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 351-366, 2010.
10. Yang, Y., Y, Wang, and A. E. Fathy, "Design of compact Vivaldi antenna arrays for UWB see through wall applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 401-418, 2008.
11. Ahmad, F., M., G. Amin, and G. Mandapati, "Autofocusing of through-the-wall radar imagery under unknown wall character-istics," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing,, Vol. 16, 1785-1795, 2007.
12. Jia, Y., L, Kong, and X. Yang, "A novel approach to target localization through unknown walls for through-the-wall radar imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 107-132, 2011.
13. Aftanas, M., "Through-wall imaging with UWB radar system,", Ph.D. Dissertation, Technical University of Kosice, 2009.
14. Moulton, J., S.A. Kassam, F. Ahmad, M. G. Amin, and K. Yemelyanov, "Target and change detection in synthetic aperture radar sensing of urban structures," Proceedings IEEE Radar Conference, 1-6, 2008.
15. Yoon, Y. S. and M. G. Amin, "Spatial -ltering for wall clutter mitigation in through-the-wall radar imaging," IEEE Transactions on Geosciences and Remote Sensing, Vol. 47, 3192-3208, 2009.
16. Zhang, W., A. Hoorfar, and L. Li, "Through-the-wall target localization with time reversal music method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 75-89, 2010.
17. Dehmollaian, M. and K. Sarabandi, "Refocusing through building walls using synthetic aperture radar," IEEE Transactions on Geosciences and Remote Sensing, Vol. 46, 1589-1599, 2008.
18. Smith, G and B. G. Mobasseri, "Robust through-the-wall radar image classication using a target-model alignment procedure," IEEE Transactions on Image Process., 2011.
19. Zheng, W., Z, Zhao, Z. P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Evaluation of TRM in the complex through wall environment," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 235-254, 2009.
20. Tivive, F. H., M. G. Amin, and A. Bouzerdoum, "Wall clutter mitigation based on eigen analysis in through the wall radar imaging," Digital Signal Processing, 1-8, 2011.
21. Ram, S.S., C. Christianson, K. Youngwook, and L. Hao, "Simulation and analysis of human micro-dopplers in through-wall environments," IEEE Transaction on Geo-science and Remote Sensing, Vol. 48, 2015-2023, 2010.
22. Debes, C., "Advances in detection and classication for through the wall radar imaging," Ph.D. Dissertation, Technische University Darmstadt, 2010.
23. Gaikwad, A.N., D. Singh, and M. J. Nigam, "Recognition of target in through wall imaging using shape feature extraction," IEEE International Geosciences and Remote Sensing Symposium, 957-960, 2011.
24. Chandra, R., A. N. Gaikwad, D. Singh, and M. J. Nigam, "An approach to remove the clutter and detect the target for ultra-wideband through-wall imaging," Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 2008.
25. Wang, F.-F and Y.-R. Zhang, "A real-time through-wall detection based on support vector machine," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, 75-84, 2011.
26. Lee, K.-C, J.-S. Ou, and M.-C. Fang, "Application of SVD noise-reduction technique to PCA based radar target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 447-459, 2008.
27. Verma, P.K., A. N. Gaikwad, D. Singh, and M. J. Nigam, "Analysis of clutter reduction techniques for through wall imaging in UWB range," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 17, 29-48, 2009.
28. Cois, J. C., "Blind signal separation: Statistical principles," IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 86, No. 10, 2009-2025, 1998.
29. Wall, M, E., A. Rechtsteiner, and L. M. Rocha, "Singular value decomposition and principal component analysis, a practical approach to microarray data analysis,", 2003.
30. Yager, R. and D. Filev, Essentials of Fuzzy Modeling and Control, Wiley, USA, 1997.
31. Wang, L.X., A Course in Fuzzy Systems and Control,, Prentice Hall PTR, USA, 1997.
32. Kanungo, T., D. M. Mount, N. S. Netanyahu, C. D. Piatko,R. Silverman, and A. Y. Wu, "An ecient K-means clustering algorithm: Analysis and implementation," IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 24, 881-892, 2002.