Electromagnetic interference (EMI) has an adverse effect on the performance of electronic circuit communication systems. This study derives a series of equations to analyze the effects of the EMI induced in a conducting wire on the noise spectrum of a RC Phase Shift Oscillator (RCPSO). It is shown that the extent to which EMI affects the RCPSO depends on the interference power, interference frequency, induced power, output resistance of the oscillator circuit, and parasitic capacitance. Specifically, higher EMI frequencies and amplitudes have a greater effect on the RCPSO output. The results presented in this study are in good agreement with those predicted from general EMI theory.
2. Hu, C. N. and H. C. Ko, "Improved IC production yield by taking into account the electromagnetic interference level during testing," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 53, No. 2, 266-273, 2011.
3. Mustafa, F. and A. M. Hashim, "Properties of electromagnetic fields and effective permittivity excited by drifting plasma waves in semiconductor-insulator interface structure and equivalent transmission line technique for multi-layered structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 403-425, 2010.
4. Mustafa, F. and A. M. Hashim, "Generalized 3D transverse magnetic mode method for analysis of interaction between drifting plasma waves in 2 deg-structured semiconductors and electromagnetic space harmonic waves," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 315-335, 2010.
5. Tsai, H.-C., "Investigation into time- and frequency-domain EMI-induced noise in bistable multivibrator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 327-349, 2010.
6. Yang, T., Y. Bayram, and J. L. Volakis, "Hybrid analysis of electromagnetic interference effects on microwave active circuits within cavity enclosures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 3, 745-748, 2010.
7. Khah, S. K., T. Chakravarty, and P. Balamurali, "Analysis of an electromagnetically coupled microstrip ring antenna using an extended feedline," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 2-3, 369-376, 2009.
8. Hong, J.-I., S.-M. Hwang, and C.-S. Huh, "Susceptibility of microcontroller devices due to coupling effects under narrow-band high power electromagnetic waves by magnetron," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 17-18, 2451-2462, 2009.
9. Dlugosz, T. and H. Trzaska, "A new calibration method for non-stationary electromagnetic fields measurements," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17-18, 2471-2480, 2009.
10. Heydari, H., V. Abbasi, and F. Faghihi, "Impact of switching-induced electromagnetic interference on low-voltage cables in substations," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 4, 937-944, 2009.
11. Toh, T. C., "Electromagnetic interference laboratory correlation study and margin determination," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 2, 204-209, 2009.
12. Tsai, H. C. and K. C. Wang, "Investigation of EMI-induced noise spectrum on an enhancement-type MOSFET," Solid State Electronics, Vol. 52, No. 8, 1207-1216, 2008.
13. Kim, Y. J., U. Choi, and Y. S. Kim, "Screen filter design considerations for plasma display panels (PDP) to achieve a high brightness with a minimal loss of EMI shielding effectiveness," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 5-6, 775-786, 2008.
14. Tsai, H. C., "Numerical and experimental analysis of EMI effects on circuits with MESFET devices," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 48, No. 4, 537-546, 2008.
15. Tsai, H. C., "An investigation on the influence of electromagnetic interference induced in conducting wire of universal LEDs," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 47, No. 6, 959-966, 2007.
16. Cheng, D. K., Field and Wave Electromagnetics, 2nd Ed., 252-634, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, USA, 1989.
17. Yan, L., F.-L. Yang, and C.-L. Fu, "A new numerical method for the inverse source problem from a Bayesian perspective," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 85, No. 11, 1460-1474, 2011.
18. Lee, H. S., Y. H. Hong, and H. W. Park, "Design of an FIR filter for the displacement reconstruction using measured acceleration in low-frequency dominant structures," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 82, No. 4, 403-434, 2010.
19. Tsai, H.-C. and K.-C. Wang, "Simulated and experimental analysis of surface state and 1/fr noise on GaAs MESFET devices," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 48, No. 7, 071101-1-8, 2009.
20. Bhatia, V. and B. Mulgrew, "Non-parametric likelihood based channel estimator for Gaussian mixture noise," Signal Processing, Vol. 87, No. 11, 2569-2586, 2007.
21. Chambers, J., D. Bullock, Y. Kahana, A. Kots, and A. Palmer, "Developments in active noise control sound systems for magnetic resonance imaging ," Applied Acoustics, Vol. 68, No. 3, 281-295, 2007.
22. Roelant, R., D. Constales, G. S. Yablonsky, R. van Keer, M. A. Rude, and G. B. Marin, "Noise in temporal analysis of products (TAP) pulse responses," Catalysis Today, Vol. 121, No. 3-4, 269-281, 2007.
23. Lisnanski, R. and J. A. Weiss, "Low complexity generalized EM algorithm for blind channel estimation and data detection in optical communication systems," Signal Processing, Vol. 86, No. 11, 3393-3403, 2006.
24. Li, H. G. and G. Meng, "Detection of harmonic signals from chaotic interference by empirical mode decomposition," Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. 30, No. 4, 930-935, 2006.
25. Van der Ziel, A., Noise in Solid State Devices and Circuits, 10-20, Wiley, New York, 1986.