We consider a topological derivative based imaging technique for non-iterative imaging of small and extended perfectly conducting cracks with Dirichlet boundary condition. For this purpose, we introduce topological derivative imaging function based on the asymptotic formula in the existence of narrow crack. We then mathematically analyze its structure in order to investigate why it yields the shape of crack(s). Analyzed structure gives us an optimal condition to get a better image of them. Various numerical experiments support our analysis.
2. Ammari, H., An Introduction to Mathematics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging, Mathematics and Applications Series, Vol. 62, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2008.
3. Ammari, H., E. Bonnetier, and Y. Capdeboscq, "Enhanced resolution in structured media SIAM J. Appl. Math.,", Vol. 70, 1428-1452, 2009.
4. Ammari, H. and H. Kang, Reconstruction of Small Inhomo-geneities from Boundary Measurements, Vol. 1846, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004.
5. Ammari, H., H. Kang, H. Lee, and W.-K. Park, "Asymptotic imaging of perfectly conducting cracks," SIAM J. Sci. Comput., Vol. 32, 894-922, 2010.
6. Amstutz, S., I. Horchani, and M. Masmoudi, "Crack detection by the topological gradient method," Control and Cybernetics, Vol. 34, 81-101, 2005.
7. Auroux, D. and M. Masmoudi, "Image processing by topological asymptotic analysis," ESAIM: Proc., Vol. 26, 24-44, 2009.
8. Bonnet, M., "Fast identification of cracks using higher-order topological sensitivity for 2-D potential problems," Eng. Anal. Bound. Elem., Vol. 35, 223-235, 2011.
9. Byrne, D., M. O'Halloran, M. Glavin, and E. Jones, "Data independent radar beamforming algorithms for breast cancer detection," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 107, 331-348, 2010.
10. Carpio, A. and M.-L. Rapun, "Solving inhomogeneous inverse problems by topological derivative methods," Inverse Problems, Vol. 24, 045014, 2008.
11. Chen, G. P. and Z. Q. Zhao, "Ultrasound tomograohy-guide TRM technique for breast tumor detecting in MITAT system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 11-12, 1459-1471, 2010.
12. Chen, X., "Subspace-based optimization method in electric impedance tomography," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 11-12, 1397-1406, 2009.
13. Colton, K. and R. Kress, Inverse Acoustic and Electromagnetic Scattering Theory, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 93, Springer, Berlin, 1998.
14. Conceição, R. C., M. O'Halloran, M. Glavin, and E. Jones, "Numerical modelling for ultra wideband radar breast cancer detection and classification," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 34, 145-171, 2011.
15. Donelli, M., "A rescue radar system for the detection of victims trapped under rubble based on the independent component analysis algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 19, 173-181, 2011.
16. Donelli, M., I. J. Craddock, D. Gibbins, and M. Sarafianou, "A three-dimensional time domain microwave imaging method for breast cancer detection based on an evolutionary algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 18, 179-195, 2011.
17. Dorn, O. and D. Lesselier, "Level set methods for inverse scattering," Inverse Problems, Vol. 22, R67-R131, 2006.
18. Eschenauer, H. A., V. V. Kobelev, and A. Schumacher, "Bubble method for topology and shape optimization of structures," Struct. Optim., Vol. 8, 42-51, 1994.
19. Kress, R., "Inverse scattering from an open arc," Math. Methods Appl. Sci., Vol. 18, 267-293, 1995.
20. Kuo, W.-C., C.-Y. Chuang, M.-Y. Chou, W.-H. Huang, and S.-T. Cheng, "Phase detection with sub-nanometer sensitivity using polarization quadrature encoding method in optical coherence tomography ," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 104, 297-311, 2010.
21. Lesselier, D. and B. Duchene, "Buried, 2-D penetrable objects illuminated by line sources: FFT-based iterative computations of the anomalous field," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 5, 351-389, 1991.
22. O'Halloran, M., M. Glavin, and E. Jones, "Rotating antenna microwave imaging system for breast cancer detection," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 107, 203-217, 2010.
23. Park, W.-K., "On the imaging of thin dielectric inclusions via topological derivative concept," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 110, 237-252, 2010.
24. Park, W.-K. and D. Lesselier, "Electromagnetic MUSIC-type imaging of perfectly conducting, arc-like cracks at single frequency," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 228, 8093-8111, 2009.
25. Park, W.-K. and D. Lesselier, "Reconstruction of thin electromagnetic inclusions by a level set method," Inverse Problems, Vol. 25, 085010, 2009.
26. Sokolowski, J. and A. Zochowski, "On the topological derivative in shape optimization," SIAM J. Control Optim., Vol. 37, No. 4, 1251-1272, 1999.
27. Zhou, Y., "Microwave imaging based on wideband range profiles," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 57-65, 2010.
28. Zhu, G. K. and M. Popovic, "Comparison of radar and thermoacoustic technique in microwave breast imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 35, 1-14, 2011.