The aim of this paper is to validate a proposed simplified boundary-integral approach (that is called here LEM&BEM) for the analysis of electric field in a live-line-working zone. A human body model of a simplified geometry that is applied to the electric field estimation around the live-line worker is also tested. Numerical results of a more accurate numerical approach, laboratory measurements as well as results of measurements taken on a real tower of HV overhead line are employed for this purpose. The numerical analysis of the electric field distribution in the hot-stick working zone on an anchor tower of 400 kV transmission line is presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of the numerical technique under consideration. The author's own software packages has been applied in computations.
2. Dawson, T. W., K. Caputa, and M. Stuchly, "Magnetic field exposure for UK live-line workers," Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 47, 995-1012, 2002.
3. Cherubini, E., N. Chavannes, and N. Kuster, "Realistic skeleton based deformation of high-resolution anatomical human models for electromagnetic simulation," The 31st Annual Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetic Society, 2009.
4. Hirata, A., H. Sugiyama, and O. Fujiwara, "Estimation of core temperature elevation in humans and animals for whole-body averaged SAR ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 53-70, 2009.
5. Chou, H.-H., H.-T. Hsu, H.-T. Chou, K.-H. Liu, and F.-Y. Kuo, "Reduction of peak SAR in human head for handset applications with resistive sheets (r-cards)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 281-296, 2009.
6. Gemio, J., J. Parron, and J. Soler, "Human body effects on implantable antennas for ism bands applications: models comparison and propagation losses study," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 110, 437-452, 2010.
7. Sabbah, A. I., N. I. Dib, and M. A. Al-Nimr, "SAR and temperature elevation in a multi-layered human head model due to an obliquely incident plane wave," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 13, 95-108, 2010.
8. Krajewski, W., "Numerical assessment of electromagnetic exposure during live-line works on high-voltage objects," IEE Proc. Science, Measurement and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 1, 27-38, 2009.
9. Krajewski, W., "Numerical evaluation of the magnetic field exposure near the transition tower of an overhead-underground HV line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 14, 247-261, 2010.
10., "Directive 2004/40/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to the risk arising from physical agents (electromagnetic fields) (18th individual Directive 89/391/EEC)," Official Journal of the European Union, Nr L-184, 1-9, 2004.
11. International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), "Guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields (up to 300 GHz) ," Health Physics, Vol. 74, No. 4, 494-522, 1998.
12. International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) , "Guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric and magnetic fields (1 Hz to 100 kHz) ," Health Physics, Vol. 99, No. 6, 818-836, 2010.
13. Brebbia, C. A., J. C. F. Telles, and L. C. Wrobel, Boundary Element Techniques, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 1984.
14. Singer, H., H. Steinbigler, and P. Weiss, "A charge simulation method for the calculation of high voltage fields," IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. 93, 1660-1668, 1973.
15. Rankovic, A. and M. S. Savic, "Generalized charge simulation method for the calculation of the electric field in high voltage substations," Electrical Engineering (Archiv fur Elektrotechnik), Vol. 92, No. 2, 69-77, 2010.
16. Krajewski, W., "Boundary and line elements in the analysis of selected EMC problems of low frequency," Prace Instytut Elektrotechniki (Proceedings of Electrotechnical Institute), Zeszyt 224, 2005 (Monograph in Polish).
17. Krajewski, W., "Numerical modelling of the electric field in HV substations," IEE Proc. Science, Measurement and Technology, Vol. 151, No. 4, 267-272, 2004.
18. IEC/EN 62233, Measurement methods for electromagnetic fields of household appliances and similar apparatus with regard to human exposure , International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva, 2005.
19. Lopatkiewicz, R., Z. Nadolny, and A. Rakowska, "Analysis of electric field intensity during live maintenance on 400 kV overhead power transmission line," Przagl»ad Elektrotechniczny (Electrical Review), Vol. 11b, 258-261, 2010 (in Polish).