Antenna characterization in presence of obstacles requires removing multipath effects in order to retrieve the nondistorted antenna radiation pattern. In this contribution a new approach based on the Sources Reconstruction Method is proposed. The idea is to characterize the Antenna-Under-Test (AUT) and the region where the scatterers are located through a set of equivalent currents. Finally, the reconstructed equivalent currents on the contour enclosing the AUT can be used to recover the AUT radiation pattern, removing most of the distortion effect due to the presence of the scatterers.
2. Loredo, S., M. R. Pino, F. Las-Heras Andrés, and T. K. Sarkar, "Echo identification and cancellation techniques for antenna measurement in non-anechoic test sites," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 1, 100-107, Feb. 2004.
3. Leatherm, P. S. H., J. D. Parsons, J. Romeu, S. Blanch, and A. Aguasca, "Practical validation of antenna pattern measurement interference cancellation using a correlation technique," 2004 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 1, 735-738, 2004.
4. Moon, J.-I., S.-S. Oh, and Y.-B. Jung, "Echo-cancellation technique with recursive data in nonanechoic test sites," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 558-560, 2009.
5. Hess, D. W., "The isofilterTM technique: A method of isolating the pattern of an individual radiator from data measured in a contaminated environment," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 1, 174-181, Feb. 2010.
6. Marquart, N. P., "Experimental anechoic chamber measurements of a target near an interface ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 143-158, 2006.
7. Alvarez Lopez, Y., C. Cappellin, F. Las-Heras Andrés, and O. Breinbjerg, "On the comparison of the spherical wave expansion-to-plane wave expansion and the sources reconstruction method for antenna diagnostics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 245-262, Nov. 2008.
8. Álvarez, Y., F. Las-Heras Andrés, M. R. Pino, and T. K. Sarkar, "An improved super-resolution sources reconstruction method," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 58, No. 11, 3855-3866, Nov. 2009.
9. Álvarez, Y., F. Las-Heras Andrés, B. A. Casas, and C. García, "Antenna diagnostics using arbitrary-geometry field acquisition domains," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 375-378, 2009.
10. Persson, K. and M. Gustafson, "Reconstruction of equivalent currents using a near-field data transformation --- with radome application," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 179-198, 2005.
11. Quijano, J. L. A. and G. Vecchi, "Improved-accuracy source reconstruction on arbitrary 3-D surfaces," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1046-1049, 2009.
12. Quijano, J. L. A. and G. Vecchi, "Field and source equivalence in source reconstruction on 3D surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 67-100, 2010.
13. Laviada-Martinez, J., Y. Alvarez Lopez, and F. Las-Heras Andrés, "Efficient determination of the near-field in the vicinity of an antenna for the determination of its safety perimeter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 371-391, 2010.
14. Las-Heras Andrés, F., "Using equivalent currents to analyze antennas in complex environments," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 31, No. 1, Oct. 2001.
15. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1989.
16. Roger, A. and F. Chapel, "Iterative methods for inverse problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 5, 423-454, 1991.
17. Carpentieri, B., "Fast iterative solution methods in electromagnetic scattering," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 151-178, 2008.
18. Hansen, J. E., Spherical Near-Field Antenna Measurements, Peter Peregrinus Ltd. London, 1988.
19. De Cos, M. E., Y. Álvarez Lopez, and F. Las-Heras Andrés, "Planar arti¯cial magnetic conductor: Design and characterization setup in the RFID SHF band," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 11-12, 1467-1478, 2009.
20. De Cos, M. E., Y. Álvarez Lopez, and F. Las-Heras Andrés, "A novel approach for RCS reduction using a combination of artificial magnetic conductors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 107, 147-159, 2010.
21. De Cos, M. E., Y. Álvarez Lopez, R. C. Hadarig, and F. Las-Heras Andrés, "Flexible Uniplanar Artificial Magnetic Conductor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 349-362, 2010.