A seven ports network is proposed to act as a six-way power divider/combiner. The proposed network structure consists of a set of λ/4 planar transmission lines at the design frequency and does not require any isolating resistor. The power divider is capable of providing various power ratios by judicious choice of the transmission lines characteristic impedances. Design equations are derived for arbitrary power ratios. Simulation results obtained from the ADS software proved the possibility of achieving preset power ratios with fairly linear phase response over a certain bandwidth. The latter depends on the chosen power ratios. Measured results of manufactured power dividers agree well with simulations and theory.
2. Gysel, U. H., "A new N-way power divider/combiner suitable for high power applications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., 116-118, 1975.
3. Ardemagni, F., "An optimized L-band eight-way Gysel power divider-combiner," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 31, No. 6, 491-495, 1983.
4. Maurin, D. and K. Wu, "A compact 1.7-2.1 GHz three-way power combiner using microstrip technology with better than 93.8% combining efficiency," IEEE Microw. Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 6, No. 2, 106-108, 1996.
5. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "An unequal dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider with optional isolation structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 393-411, 2009.
6. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "A new dual-band wilkinson power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 4, 483-492, 2009.
7. Li, X., S.-X. Gong, L. Yang, and Y.-J. Yang, "A novel Wilkinson power divider for dual-band operation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 2-3, 395-404, 2009.
8. Li, X., Y.-J. Yang, L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, T. Hong, X. Chen, Y.-J. Zhang, X. Tao, Y. Gao, K. Ma, and X.-L. Liu, "A novel unequal wilkinson power divider for dual-band operation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications , Vol. 24, No. 8-9, 1015-1022, 2010.
9. Hosseini, F., M. Khalaj-Amir Hosseini, and M. Yazdani, "A miniaturized wilkinson power divider using nonuniform transmission line," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 7, 917-924, 2009.
10. Oraizi, H. and A. Sharifi, "Optimum design of a wideband two-way Gysel power divider with source to load impedance matching," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2238-2248, 2009.
11. Cheng, K. K. M. and P. W. Li, "Novel power divider design with unequal power-dividing ratio and simple layout," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1589-1594, 2009.
12. Lim, J., S. Eom, and S. Nam, "Power divider with various power dividing ratios," Electronic Lett., Vol. 35, No. 22, 1961-1963, 1999.
13. Abbosh, A., "A compact UWB three-way power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, 598-600, 2007.
14. Abbos, A., "Design of ultra-wideband three-way arbitrary power dividers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 565, No. 1, 194-201, 2008.
15. Li, Q., J.-G. Gong, C.-L. Li, X.-H. Wang, L. Xu, and X.-W. Shi, "A compact dual-frequency three-way unequal power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2-3, 383-390, 2010.
16. Lin, Z. and Q.-X. Chu, "A novel compact UWB power divider for spatial power combining," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 13, 1803-1812, 2009.
17. Chen, H. and X. Y. Zhang, "A novel compact planar six-way power divider using folded and hyprid-expanded coupled lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 243-252, 2007.
18. Wang, X. H, Y. F. Bai, D. Z. Chen, X. W. Shi, and X. Li, "Design of a novel three-way tri-band power divider," PIERS Proceedings, 903-906, Xi'an, China, March 22-26, 2010.