The purpose of this paper is to provide some further observations on the use of reverberation chambers to imitate real wireless channels. It is shown, that when RMS delay spread is calculated appropriate threshold has to be chosen. Based on the threshold value the required dynamics of measurements performed for realistic wireless channels can be estimated. It is also shown, that the reverberation chamber loading method allows only for representing outdoor channels.
2. Orlenius, C., M. Franzen, P. S. Kildal, and U. Carlberg, "Investigation of heavily loaded reverberation chamber for testing of wideband wireless units," IEEE Int. Sym. on Antenna Propagation, 3567-3572, Jul. 2006.
3. Saunders, S. R., Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
4. Chuang, J., "The effects of time delay spread on portable radio communications channels with digital modulation," IEEE J. Selective Area on Cumm., Vol. 5, No. 5, 879-889, Jun. 1987.
5. Marcuvitz, N., Waveguide Handbook, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., 1993.
6. Holloway, C. L., D. A. Hill, J. M. Ladbury, and G. Koepke, "Requirements for an effective reverberation chamber: Unloaded or loaded," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 48, No. 1, Feb. 2006.
7. Emmerson & Cumming, Eccosorb VHP-NRL very high performance broadband pyramidal absorber, datasheet, www.Eccosorb.com.
8. Rappaport, T. S., Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice, 2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, 2002.
9. Staniec, K., The indoor radiowave propagation modelling in ISM bands for broadband wireless systems , Ph.D. Dissertation, Dept. Electronics, Wroclaw University of Technology, WrocÃlaw, Poland, 2006.
10. Staniec, K., Notes on the tuning of a deterministic propagation model in the reverberation chamber, Proc. 2010 Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility & Technical Exhibition on EMC RF/Microwave Measurement & Instrumentation APEMC, Beijing, China, in printed, Apr. 2010.
11. Erceg, V., et al., TGn channel models, IEEE P802.11 Wireless LANz, May 2004.
12. ITU, ITU-R P.1145, Propagation data for the terrestrial land mobile service in the vhf and uhf bands,.
13. ITU, ITU-R P.1407, Multipath propagation and parameterization of its characteristics,.