A novel configuration for an end-wall microstrip-to-waveguide splitter transition is presented suitable for use in series fed microstrip arrays. The low price, simplicity, manufacturability, low sensitivity, and also wideband operation, up to more than 37%, is the result of positive interaction between double slots and double stubs. The transition is applied to a dual band 1 × 2 array. A wideband non-tilted pattern is achieved.
2. Leong, Y. and S. Weinreb, "Full band waveguide to microstrip probe transitions," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 4, 1435-1438, May 1999.
3. Tikhov, Y., J. W. Moon, Y. J. Kim, and Y. Sinelnikov, Refined characterization of E-plane waveguide to microstrip transition for millimeter-wave applications, 2000 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1187-1190, Dec. 2000.
4. Lavedan, L. J., "Design of waveguide-to-microstrip transition specially suited to millimetrewave applications," Electronic Letters, Vol. 13, No. 20, 604-605, Sept. 1977.
5. Moochalla, S. S. and C. An, "Ridge waveguide used in microstrip transition," Microwaves and RF, Vol. 23, 149-152, Mar. 1984.
6. Kaneda, N., Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A broadband microstrip-to-waveguide transition using quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE Trans. Microwave. Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 12, 2562-2567, Dec. 1999.
7. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Integrated microstrip and rectangular waveguide in planar form," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 11, No. 2, 68-70, Feb. 2001.
8. Hyvonen, L. and A. Hujanen, "A compact MMIC-compatible microstrip to waveguide transition," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 875-878, Jun. 1996.
9. Davidovitz, M., "Wide band waveguide to microstrip transition and power splitter," IEEE Microw. Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 6, No. 1, 13-15, Jan. 1996.
10. Aliakbarian, H., et al., Low-radiation-loss waveguide-to-microstrip transition using a double slit configuration for microstrip array feeding microwave, 2007 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, Bangkok, Thailand, Dec. 2007.
11. Aliakbarian, H., A. Enayati, W. de Raedt, and G. A. E. Van-denbosch, Substrate effect on X-band design of end-wall double slit microstrip-to-waveguide splitter, presented at EuCAP, Berlin, Germany, Mar. 2009.
12. Scheck, H. O., A novel method of cavity resonator coupling to microstrip lines, Proc. of the 21st European Microwave Conference, 807-809, Stuttgart, Germany, Sept. 1991.
13. Pozar, D. M., Aperture coupled waveguide feeds for microstrip antennas and microstrip couplers, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 1, 700-703, 1996.
14. Villegas, F. J. and D. I. Stones, "A novel waveguide-to-microstrip tranistion for millimeter-wave module applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 1, Jan. 1999.
15. Herrero, P. and J. Schoebel, A WR-6 rectangular waveguide to microstrip transition and patch antenna at 140 GHz using low-cost solutions, 2008 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, 355-358, Jan. 22--24, 2008.
16. Grabherr, W. and W. Menzel, A new transition from microstrip line to rectangular waveguide, Proc. of the 22nd European Microwave Conference, 1170-1175, Espoo, Finland, 1992.
17. Wang, Z., L. Xia, B. Yaii, R. Xu, and Y. Gou, A novel waveguide to microstrip transition in millimeter-wave LTCC module, International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, 340-343, Hangzhou, China, Aug. 16--17, 2007.
18., CST Microwave Studio 2008, www.cst.com.
19. Leung, K. W. and K. K. So, "Simple and efficient microstrip-to-waveguide transition," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 6, 280-281, Mar. 2002.
20. Choi, S. H. and J. Y. Lee, Design of 2-array microstrip patch antenna excited by waveguide endwall coupler, Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, Vol. 4, 4, Suzhou, China, Dec. 2005.
21. Rathi, V., G. Kumar, and P. Ray, "Improved coupling for microstrip aperture coupled antenna," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propag., Vol. 44, No. 8, Aug. 1996.
22. Iizuka, H., T. Watanabe, K. Sato, and K. Nishikawa, "Millimeter-wave microstrip line to waveguide transition fabricated on a single layer dielectric substrate," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 85, No. 6, 1169-1177, Jun. 2002.
23. Iizuka, H., K. Sakakibara, and N. Kikuma, "Millimeter-wave transition from waveguide to two microstrip lines using rectangular patch element," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 5, 899-905, May 2007.
24. Lin, T. H. and R. B. Wu, A broadband microstrip-to-waveguide transition with tapered CPS probe, 32nd European Microwave Conference, 617-620, Milan, Italy, Sept. 23--27, 2002.
25. Rao, J. S., K. K. Joshi, and B. N. Das, "Analysis of small aperture coupling between rectangular waveguide and microstrip line," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 29, 150-154, 1981.
26. Pozar, D. M., "Microstrip antenna aperture-coupled to a microstripline," Electronics Letters, Vol. 21, No. 2, 49-50, Jan. 1985.
27. Ho, M. H., M. A. Krzysztof, and K. Chang, "Waveguide excited microstrip patch antenna-theory and experiment," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propag., Vol. 42, No. 8, 1114-1125, Aug. 1994.
28. Janezic, M. D. High-frequency measurements of dielectric substrate materials, Technical Note 1520, NIST, Gaithersburg, US, Jul. 2002.