In this paper, the hybrid physical optics/boundary integral-finite element-mode matching (PO/BI-FE-MM) method is proposed for the analysis of the horn antenna enclosed by the electrically large radome. The radome is modeled by the PO method, and the BI-FE-MM method is implemented to the horn region. The equivalent PO currents on the radome surface are coupled into the BI-FE-MM equation of the horn region to account for the effects of the radome on the horn. With this hybrid method, the mutual interactions between the radome and the horn are fully considered. The radiation patterns, field distributions, and the S-parameters of the horns enclosed by different kinds of radome are presented.
2. Paris, D., "Computer-aided radome analysis," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 18, No. 1, 7-15, 1970.
3. Wu, D. C. F. and R. C. Rudduck, "Plane wave spectrum-surface integration technique for radome analysis," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 22, No. 5, 497-500, 1974.
4. Arvas, E., A. Rahhalarabi, U. Pekel, and E. Gundogan, "Electromagnetic transmission through a small radome of arbitrary shape," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEE Proceedings H, Vol. 137, No. 6, 401-405, 1990.
5. Gordon, R. K. and R. Mittra, "Finite element analysis of axisymmetric radomes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 41, No. 7, 975-981, 1993.
6. Abdel Moneum, M. A., Z. X. Shen, J. L. Volakis, and O. Graham, "Hybrid PO-MoM analysis of large axi-symmetric radomes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 49, No. 12, 1657-1666, 2001.
7. Lu, C. C., "A fast algorithm based on volume integral equation for analysis of arbitrarily shaped dielectric radomes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 606-612, 2003.
8. Nie, X. C., N. Yuan, L. W. Li, T. S. Yeo, and Y. B. Gan, "Fast analysis of electromagnetic transmission through arbitrary shaped airborne radomes using precorrected-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 54, 37-59, 2005.
9. Kedar, A. and U. K. Revankar, "Parametric study of flat sandwich multilayer radome," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 66, 253-265, 2006.
10. Zou, Y. L., J. Y. Li, and Q. Z. Liu, "Modified mode decomposition for analyzing antennas with body of revolution radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 21, No. 10, 1403-1410, 2007.
11. Nie, X. C., Y. B. Gan, N. Yuan, and C. F. Wang, "An efficient hybrid method for analysis of slot arrays enclosed by a large radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 249-264, 2006.
12. Zhao, W. J., Y. B. Gan, L. W. Li, and C. F. Wang, "Effects of an electrically large airborne radome on radiation patterns and input impedance of a dipole array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 55, No. 8, 2399-2402, 2007.
13. He, M., X. W. Xu, B. Hu, and Y. Zheng, "Accurate analysis of arbitrarily shaped wire antenna-dielectric radome structures," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 408-410, 2007.
14. He, M., "On the characteristics of radome enclosed Archimedean spiral antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 56, No. 7, 1867-1874, 2008.
15. Oguzer, T. and A. Altintas, "Analysis of the nonconcentric reflector antenna-in-radome system by the iterative reflector antenna and radome interaction," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 21, No. 1, 57-70, 2007.
16. Hemon, R., P. Pouliguen, H. He, J. Saillard, and J. F. Damiens, "Computation of EM field scattered by an open-ended cavity and by a cavity under radome using the iterative physical optics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 80, 77-105, 2008.
17. Leong, M. S., et al., "Analysis of total transmission loss and cross-polarization of a hemi-spherical dielectric radome with rain-water layer: A closed form solution," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 12, No. 6, 731-752, 1998.
18. Li, L. W., L. Zhou, M. S. Leong, T. S. Yeo, and P. S. Kooi, "An open-ended circular waveguide with an infinite conducting flange covered by a dielectric hemi-spherical radome shell: Full wave analysis and Green dyadics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 21, 221-245, 1999.
19. Li, L. W., M. S. Leong, and J. A. Kong, "An alternative representation of magnetic Green's dyadics in a spherical-shell dielectric radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 16, No. 1, 63-77, 2002.
20. Jin, J. M., The Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics, Wiley, New York, 1993.
21. Wu, H. C. and W. B. Dou, "A rigorous analysis and experimental researches of waveguide magic tee at W band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 60, 131-142, 2006.