In our previous works, we have presented one differential method for the efficient calculation of the modal scattering matrix of junctions in rectangular waveguides. The formalism proposed relies on the Maxwell's equations under their covariant form written in a nonorthogonal coordinate system fitted to the structure under study. On the basis of a change of variables, we show in this paper that the curvilinear method and the generalized telegraphist's method lead to the same system of coupled differential equations.
2. Dusseaux, R., P. Chambelin, and C. Faure, "Analysis of rectangular waveguide H-plane junctions in nonorthogonal coordinate system," Progress In Electromagnetics Progress, Vol. 28, 205-229, 2000.
3. Dusseaux, R. and C. Faure, "Analyse de composants plan-E symetriques en guides d’onde a section rectangulaire," Ann. Telecommunic, No. 9-10, 834-855, 2002.
4. Cornet, P., R. Dusseaux, and J. Chandezon, "Wave propagation in curved waveguides of rectangular cross section," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 965-972, 1999.
5. Reiter, G., "Generalized telegraphist’s equations for waveguides of varying cross-sections," Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng., Vol. 106B, supplement 13, 54-57, 1959.
6. Schelkunoff, S. A., "Generalized telegraphist’s equations for waveguides," Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 31, 784-801, 1952.
7. Solymar, L., "Spurious mode generation in nonuniform waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 7, 379-383, 1959.
8. Wexler, A., "Solution of waveguide discontinuity by modal analysis," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 15, 508-517, 1967.
9. Lewin, L., Theory of Waveguides, Newness-Butterworth, London, 1975.
10. Itoh, T., Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeterwave Passive Structures, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1989.
11. Koshiba, M., M. Sato, and M. Suzuki, "Application of finite-element method to H-plane waveguide discontinuities," Electr. Lett., Vol. 18, 364-365, 1982.
12. Koshiba, M., M. Sato, and M. Suzuki, "Application of the boundary-element method to waveguide discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 34, 301-307, 1986.
13. Huting, W. A. and K. Webb, "Comparison of modes matching and differential equations techniques in the analysis of waveguide transitions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 39, 508-517, 1991.
14. Rozzi, T. and M. Mongiardo, "E-plane steps in rectangular waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 39, 1279-1288, 1991.
15. Reiter, J. M. and F. Arndt, "Rigorous analysis of arbitrarily shaped H- and E-plane discontinuities in rectangular waveguides by a full-wave boundary contour mode-matching method," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, 796-801, 1995.
16. Amari, S., J. Bornemann, and R. Vahldick, "Accurate analysis of scattering form multiple waveguide discontinuities using the coupled-integral equations technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 10, No. 12, 1623-1644, 1996.
17. El Sabbagh, M. and K. A. Zaki, "Modeling of rectangular waveguide junctions containing cylindrical posts," Progress In Electromagnetics Progress, Vol. 33, 299-301, 2001.
18. Hernandez-Lopez, M. A. and M. Quintillan-Gonzalez, "A finite-element method code to analyse waveguide dispersion," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 397-408, 2007.
19. Guo, Y., Y. Xu, L. Xia, and R. Xu, "Efficient optimization of a Ka-band branch waveguide power divider," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 1, 17-26, 2008.
20. Wang, Z. X., W. B. Dou, and Z. L. Mei, "A compact H-plane magic tee designed at W-band," Progress In Electromagnetics Progress B, Vol. 5, 35-48, 2008.
21. Panda, D. K., A. Chakraborty, and S. R. Chouldhury, "Analysis of co-channel interfererence at waveguide joints using multiple cavity modelling technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Progress Letters, Vol. 4, 91-98, 2008.
22. Marcelin, E., Application des equations de Maxwell covariantes a l’etude de la propagation dans les guides d’ondes coudes, These d’Universite, Universite Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France, 1992.
23. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941.