The electrodynamical rigorous solution of Maxwell's equations related to the microwave pulse propagation inside a threedimension heart model is presented here. The boundary problem was solved by using the singular integral equations' method. The carrier microwave frequency is 2.45 GHz. The pulse durations were always equal to 20 ms. The modulating signals are triangular video pulses with the on-off time ratio equal to 5 and 100. The model heart was limited by a non-coordinate shape surface and it consisted of two different size cavities. The heart cavities were schematic images of the left and right atriums and ventricles. In our calculations the cavities were filled with blood with the permittivity ε2 = 58 − i19 and the walls of the heart consisted of myocardium tissue with the permittivity ε1 = 55 − i17. Microwave electric field distributions were analysed at four longitudinal cross-sections of the heart model.
2. Barker, A. T., P. R. Jackson, H. Rarry, L. A. Coulton, G. G. Cook, and S. M. Wood, "The effect of GSM and TETRA mobile handset signals on blood pressure, catechol levels and heart rate variability," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 28, No. 6, 433-438, 2007.
3. Moore, S. K., "Electronic implants and electromagnetic pulses," IEEE Spectrum, Vol. 43, No. 3, 19-25, 2006.
4. Sanders, A. P., W. T. Joines, and J. W. Allis, "Effects of continuous-wave, pulsed, and sinusoidal-amplitude-modulated microwaves on brain energy metabolism," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 6, No. 1, 89-97, 1985.
5. Huber, R., V. Treyer, J. Schuderer, T. Berthold, A. Buck, N. Kuster, H. P. Landolt, and P. Achermann, "Exposure to pulse-modulated radio frequency electromagnetic fields affects regional cerebral blood flow," European Journal of Neuroscience, Vol. 21, No. 4, 1000-1006, 2005.
6. Maier, R., S. E. Greter, and N. Maier, "Effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields on cognitive processes --- A pilot study on pulsed field interference with cognitive regeneration," Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, Vol. 110, No. 1, 46-52, 2004.
7. Beason, R. C. and P. Semm, "Responses of neurons to an amplitude modulated microwave stimulus," Neuroscience Letters Elsevier, Vol. 333, No. 3, 175-178, 2002.
8. Kubacki, R., "Biological interaction of pulse-modulated electromagnetic fields and protection of humans from exposure to fields emitted from radars," Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, MIKON-N-2008, Vol. 2, 360-366, Wroclaw, Poland, 2008.
9. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from parallel perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinders of circular cross-sections using an iterative procedure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 7, 987-1003, 2008.
10. Ozgun, O. and M. Kuzuoglu, "Finite element analysis of electromagnetic scattering problems via iterative leap-field domain decomposition method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2-3, 251-266, 2008.
11. Liu, X., B. Z.Wang, and S. Lai, "Element-free Galerkin method in electromagnetic scattering field computation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1915-1923, 2007.
12. Liu, Y., Z. Liang, and Z. Yang, "Computation of electromagnetic dosimetry for human body using parallel FDTD algorithm combined with interpolation technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 95-107, 2008.
13. Zhang, H., S. Y. Tan, and H. S. Tan, "A novel method for microwave breast cancer detection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 413-434, 2008.
14. Ho, M., F.-S. Lai, S.-W. Tan, and P.-W. Chen, "Numerical simulation of propagation of EM pulse through Lossless non-uniform dielectric slab using characteristic-based method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 197-212, 2008.
15. Ho, M. and F. S Lai, "Effects of medium conductivity on electromagnetic pulse propagation onto dielectric half space: one-dimensional simulation using characteristic-based method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1773-1785, 2007.
16. Abd-El-Raouf, H. E. and R. Mittra, "Scattering analysis of dielectric coated cones," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1857-1871, 2007.
17. Knisevskaja (Nickelson), L., V. Engelson, and K.-F. Berggren, "Singular integral equations’ method for computations of the scattering characteristics of a model heart exposed to electromagnetic radiation," Applied Mathematics and Computation Elsevier, Vol. 138, No. 2-3, 545-553, 2003.
18. Knisevskaja (Nickelson), L., V. Engelson, and K.-F. Berggren, "Accurate numerical method for calculating the diffraction characteristics of a human heart model," Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 1, 13-16, Kaunas, Technologija, 2003.
19. Nickelson, L., S. Asmontas, V. Engelson, B. A. Galwas, and M. Tamosiuniene, "The computation of electrical fields on a heart model with a microwave catheter," Conference Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, MIKON-2004, Vol. 3, 849-852, Warsaw, Poland, 2004.
20. Nickelson, L., S. Asmontas, K. Pozela, and V. Engelson, "The electrical field distribution on a model heart when a microwave antenna is placed inside it," Proceedings of Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS2004), 265-268, Pisa, Italy, 2004.
21. Nickelson, L., S. Asmontas, V. Malisauskas, R. Martavicius, and V. Engelson, "An electrodynamical analysis of a model heart," Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 63, No. 7, 57-61, Kaunas, Technologija, 2005.
22. Nickelson, L., S. Asmontas, V. Shugurov, R. Martavicius, and V. Malisauskas, "SIE method of analysing microwave fields of a 3D heart model," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 193-206, 2006.
23. Nickelson, L., S. Asmontas, R. Martavicius, V. Engelson, and D. Zylkov, "Microwave pulses propagation inside of a 3D heart model," Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, MIKON-2008, Vol. 3, 595-598, Wroclaw, Poland, 2008.
24. Nickelson, L. and V. Shugurov, Singular Integral Equations’ Methods for the Analysis of Microwave Structures, 348, VSP Brill Academic Publishers, Leiden-Boston, 2005.
25. Beleckij, A. J. and V. P. Babak, The Determinate Signals and Spectrums, “Kit” Publishers, Kiev, 2002 (in Russian).
26. Haberland, L., "Why is a higher biological relevance attached to importance of pulsed signals?," FGH-Newsletter, No. 2, 18-21, 2005.