An improved E-plane power divider for compact waveguide triplexers with large separation between channels is presented. The configuration of the divider aims to exploit the different behavior of the device for frequency bands with large separation, leading to a very asymmetric E-plane junction. H-plane filters with inductive windows are used for each channel, in order to obtain reduced insertion losses and lower sensitivity than in metal-insert E-plane filters. The resultant triplexer configuration is very compact, and its design is analyzed and optimized by Mode-Matching. The experimental results of a full Ku-band prototype for communications satellite systems show a very good agreement with the expected simulated response.
2. Atia, A. E., "Computer-aided design of waveguide multiplexers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 22, No. 3, 332-336, 1974.
3. Rhodes, J. D. and R. Levy, "A generalized multiplexer theory," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 27, No. 2, 99-111, 1979.
4. Kudsia, C., R. Cameron, and W. C. Tang, "Innovations in microwave filters and multiplexing networks for communications satellite systems," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 40, 1133-1149, June 1992.
5. Uher, J., J. Bornemann, and U. Rosenberg, Waveguide Components for Antenna Feed Systems: Theory and CAD, Chap. 3, Artech House, 1994.
6. Cameron, R. J., C. M. Kudsia, and R. R. Mansour, Microwave Filters for Communications Systems: Fundamentals, Design, and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2007.
7. Barham, C. S., "Review of design and performance of microwave multiplexers," The Marconi Review, Vol. 34, No. 184, 1-23, First Quarter, 1972.
8. Dittloff, J. and F. Arndt, "Rigorous field theory design of millimeter-wave E-plane integrated circuit multiplexers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 37, No. 2, 340-350, Feb. 1989.
9. Rong, Y., H. Yao, K. A. Zaki, and T. Dolan, "Millimeter-wave Ka-band H-plane diplexers and multiplexers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 47, No. 12, 2325-2330, 1999.
10. Labay, V. A. and J. Bornemann, "An integrated T-septum waveguide diplexer for compact front-end applications," Proc. IEEE MTT-SInt. Microwave Symp. Dig., 463-466, June 1993.
11. Rong, Y., K. Zaki, M. Hageman, D. Stevens, and J. Gipprich, "Low-Temperature Co-fired Ceramic (LTCC) ridge waveguide multiplexers," Proc. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 1169-1172, June 2000.
12. Dittloff, J. and F. Arndt, "Computer-aided design of slit-coupled H-plane T-junction diplexers with E-plane metal-insert filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 36, No. 12, 1833-1840, 1988.
13. Guglielmi, M., "A simple CAD procedure for microwave filters and multiplexers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 42, No. 7, 1347-1351, July 1994.
14. Kirilenko, A. A., L. A. Rud, V. I. Tkachenko, and P. Pramanick, "A systematic approach for computer aided design of waveguide E-plane diplexers," Int. Journal RF and Microwave CAE, Vol. 9, 104-116, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
15. Rhodes, J. D. and R. Levy, "Design of general manifold multiplexer," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 27, 111-122, Feb. 1979.
16. Rosowsky, D. J. and D. Wolk, "A 450-W output multiplexer for direct broadcasting satellites," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 30, 1317-1323, Sept. 1982.
17. Montejo-Garai, J. R., J. A. Ruiz-Cruz, and J. M. Rebollar, "Full-wave design of H-plane contiguous manifold output multiplexers using the fictitious reactive load concept," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 53, No. 8, 2628-2632, Aug. 2005.
18. Morini, A., T. Rozzi, and M. Mongiardo, "Efficient CAD of wideband contiguous channel multiplexers," Proc. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 1651-1654, June 1996.
19. Vahldieck, R. and B. V. de la Filolie, "Computer-aided design of parallel-connected millimeter-wave diplexers/multiplexers," Proc. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 435-438, June 1988.
20. Dittloff, J., J. Bornemann, and F. Arndt, "Computer aided design of optimum E- or H-plane N-furcated waveguide power dividers," Proc. European Microw. Conf., 181-186, Sept. 1987.
21. Li, G. and C.-H. Liang, "Design techniques for microwave diplexers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 103-113, 2008.
22. Jun, L., C.-L. Ruan, and L.-Y. Chun, "Design E-plane bandpass filter based on EM-ANNN model," Journal of Electromagnetics Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1061-1069, 2006.
23. Wu, B., C.-H. Liang, T. Su, and X. Lai, "Wideband coaxial filters with impedance matching for VHF/UHF diplexer design," Journal of Electromagnetics Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 1, 131-142, 2008.
24. Han, S., X.-L.Wang, Y. Fan, Z. Yang, and Z. He, "The generalized Chebyshev substrate integrated waveguide diplexer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 29-38, 2007.
25. Kuhn, E., "A mode-matching method for solving field problems in waveguide and resonators circuits," Arch. Elek. Ubertragung., Vol. 27, 511-518, Dec. 1973.