Recently developed multiresolution frequency domain (MRFD) technique is applied to two-dimensional electromagnetic scattering problems. Scattered field formulation and perfectly matched layer is implemented into the MRFD formulation. Far field distributions of dielectric and perfectly electric conductor (PEC) bodies are calculated and bistatic echo widths of these structures are presented. Good agreement between MRFD and FDFD results is recognized. It is observed that the MRFD technique demonstrates superior computational efficiency characteristics compared to the traditional FDFD technique.
2. Kuzu, L., V. Demir, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and E. Arvas, "Electromagnetic scattering from arbitrarily shaped chiral objects using the finite difference frequency domain method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 1-24, 2007.
3. Norgren, M., "Ah ybrid FDFD-BIE approach to two-dimensional scattering from an inhomogeneous biisotropic cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 38, 1-27, 2002.
4. Gokten, M., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and E. Arvas, "The multiresolution frequency domain method for general guided wave structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 55-66, 2007.
5. Gokten, M., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and E. Arvas, "A multiresolution frequency domain method using biorthogonal wavelets," ACES Conf., 2006.
6. Kunz, K. S. and R. J. Luebbers, The Finite Difference Time Domain Method for Electromagnetics, CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, 1993.
7. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, 3rd ed., Artech House, Boston, MA, 2005.
8. Berenger, J. P., "Ap erfectly matched layer for the absorption of electromagnetic waves," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 114, 185-200, 1994.
9. Daubechies, I., Ten Lectures on Wavelets, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, PA, 1992.
10. Al-Sharkawy, M., V. Demir, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "Iterative Multi-Region Technique for large scale electromagnetic scattering problems — Two dimensional case," Radio Science, Vol. 40, No. 5, 2005.
11. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 14, 302-307, 1966.
12. Dogaru, T. and L. Carin, "Multiresolution time-domain algorithm using CDF biorthogonal wavelets," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theoryand Techniques, Vol. 49, No. 5, 902-912, 2001.