Monopole antennas are usually used for measurement of the shielding effectiveness of metallic enclosures. This paper presents an accurate numerical modeling for monopole antennas attached in shielded enclosures with apertures. The electric field integral equation (EFIE) is formulated for the induced currents on both the monopoles and enclosure. The precorrected-FFT accelerated method of moments (pFFT-MoM) is used to solve the integral equation and the incomplete LU (ILU) preconditioner is applied to speed up the convergence of the equation. Compared with existing methods, the model presented in this paper considers the mutual coupling between the monopoles and shielded enclosure. Therefore, it is a better approximation to the actual measurement geometry.
2. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, and Y. Zhang, "Study on shielding effectiveness of metallic cavities with apertures by combining parallel FDTD method with windowing technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 82-112, 2007.
3. Wang, Y. J., W. J. Koh, and C. K. Lee, "Coupling cross section and shielding effectiveness measurements on a coaxial cable by both mode-tuned reverberation chamber and GTEM cell methodologies," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 47, 61-73, 2004.
4. Robinson, M. P., T. M. Benson, C. Christopoulos, J. F. Dawson, M. D. Ganley, A. C. Marvin, S. J. Porter, and D. W. P. Thomas, "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 40, No. 8, 240-248, 1998.
5. Li, M., J. L. Drewniak, R. E. Du Broff, T. H. Hubbing, and T. P. Van Doren, "EMI from cavity modes of shielding enclosures, FDTD modeling and measurements," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 42, No. 2, 29-38, 2000.
6. Gerri, G., R. De Leo, and V. M. Primiani, "Theoretical and experimental evaluation of the electromagnetic radiation from apertures in shielded enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 34, No. 11, 423-432, 1992.
7. Wallyn, W., D. D. Zutter, and H. Rogier, "Prediction of the shielding and resonant behavior of multisection enclosures based on magnetic current modeling," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 44, No. 2, 130-138, 2002.
8. Feng, C. and Z. X. Shen, "A hybrid FD-MoM technique for predicting shielding effectiveness of metallic enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 47, No. 8, 456-462, 2005.
9. Nie, X. C., L. W. Li, and N. Yuan, "Precorrected-FFT algorithm for solving combined field integral equations in electromagnetic scattering," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 16, No. 8, 1171-1187, 2002.
10. Saad, Y., "ILUT: a dual threshold incomplete LU factorozation," Numer. Linear Algebra Appl., Vol. 1, No. 4, 387-402, 1994.
11. Paoletti, U., H. Garbe, and W. John, "Measurement of the shielding efficient of conducting enclosures with the image theory," Advances in Radio Science, Vol. 3, 137-142, 2005.
12. Yuan, N, X. C. Nie, Y. B. Gan, T. S. Yeo, and L. W. Li, "Accurate analysis of conformal antenna arrays with finite and curved frequency selective surfaces," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1745-1760, 2007.
13. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, 1982.
14. Hwu, S. U., D. R. Wilton, and S. M. Rao, "Electromagnetic scattering and radiation by arbitrary conducting wire-surface configuration," IEEE APS Int. Symp. Dig., 890-893, 1988.
15. Wei, X. C., E. P. Li, and C. H. Liang, "Fast solution for large scale electromagnetic scattering problems using wavelet transform and its precondition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 38, 253-267, 2002.
16. Wang, H. G., C. H. Chan, L. Tsang, and K. F. Chan, "Mixture effective permittivity simulations using IMLMQRF method on preconditioned EFIE," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 285-310, 2006.