A tiny metallic cylinder placed into a planar dielectric waveguide scatters the field developed by a current-carrying skew strip centralized at the middle of the slab. Due to the small size of the scatterer, the induced surface current is taken independent of the azimuthal angle. The Green's function of the problem is expressed in closed form and it is inserted to the scattering integral after the polar equation of the strip has been determined. The behavior of nearfield quantities in the slab, with respect to geometrical and material parameters, is observed and examined.
2. Mohsen, A. A., E. M. A. Elkaramany, and F. G. A. El-Hadeed, "Two dimensional long transmission line-frequency domain (LTLFD) treatment of dielectric loaded waveguides," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 15, No. 7, 901-911, 2001.
3. Kobayashi, K., S. Koshikawa, and A. Sawai, "Diffraction by a parallel-plate waveguide cavity with dielectric/ferrite loading: Part I — the case of E polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 8, 377-426, 1994.
4. Attiya, A. M., A. A. Kishk, and A. W. Glisson, "Analysis of twodimensional magneto-dielectric slab," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 195-216, 2007.
5. Chang, H.-W. and W.-C. Cheng, "Analysis of dielectric waveguide termination with tilted facets by analytic continuity method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1621-1630, 2007.
6. Liu, S.-H., C.-H. Liang, W. Ding, L. Chen, and W.-T. Pan, "Electromagnetic wave propagation through a slab waveguide of uniaxially anisotropic dispersive metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 467-475, 2007.
7. Lu, J., B.-I. Wu, J.-A. Kong, and M. Chen, "Guided modes with a linearly varying transverse field inside a left-handed dielectric slab," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 5, 689-697, 2006.
8. Attiya, A. M. and A. A. Kishk, "Modal analysis of a twodimensional dielectric grating slab excited by an obliquely incident plane wave," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 221-243, 2006.
9. Kalinichev, V. I. and N. M. Solovev, "Modal diffraction of dielectric-slab surface waves by a metallic cylinder," Radiotekhnika i Elektronika, Vol. 35, No. 2, 241-251, 1990.
10. Terracher, F. and G. Berginc, "A numerical study of TM-type surface waves on a grounded dielectric slab covered by a doubly periodic array of metallic patches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 43, 75-100, 2003.
11. Leung, K. W. and H. K. Ng, "Theory and experiment of circularly polarized dielectric resonator antenna with a parasitic patch," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 3, 405-412, 2003.
12. Cooray, F. R. and J. S. Kot, "Analysis of radiation from a cylindrical-rectanguar microstrip patch antenna loaded with a supersrate and an air gap, using the electric surface current model," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 135-152, 2007.
13. Liu, Z., M. He, and H. Xiong, The design of a sensor with flexible circuit excitation in electromagnetic tomography system, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 15, 276-281, 2005.
14. Cuthbert, M. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, C. E. Smith, C. W. P. Huang, and K. F. Lee, "Tapered meander slot antenna or dual band personal wireless communication systems," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 36, No. 5, 381-385, 2003.
15. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Study of an electrically anisotropic cylinder excited magnetically by a straight strip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 297-325, 2007.
16. Geran, F., G. Dadashzadeh, M. Fardis, N. Hojjat, and A. Ahmadi, "Rectangular slot with a novel triangle ring microstrip feed for UWB applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 387-396, 2007.
17. Rezaei, F. P., M. Hakkak, and K. Forooraghi, "Effect of magnetic layer on the microstrip-excited rectangular dielectric resonator antennas bandwidth," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 7, 915-927, 2007.
18. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Effect of cylindrical scatterer with arbitrary curvature on the features of a metamaterial slab antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 59-83, 2007.
19. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Arbitrary currents on circular cylinder with inhomogeneous cladding and RCS optimization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 665-680, 2007.
20. Duffy, D., Green's Functions with Applications, 280-285, 280-285, CRC Press, New York, 2001.
21. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Single-series solution to the radiation of loop antenna in the presence of a conducting sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 277-294, 2007.
22. Abramowitz, M. and I. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, 1970.
23. Schevchenko, V., Continuous Transitions in Open Waveguides, 24-26, 24-26, Golem, 1971.
24. Christian, N. L. and L. K. Passauer, Fiber Optic Component Design, 62-65, Fabrication, Testing, Operation, Reliability, and Maintainability, 62-65, Noyes Data, New Jersey, 1989.