Analytical TM scattering from semi-elliptic channel loaded with confocal elliptic cylindrical impedance core is investigated. Fields in every regions are expressed appropriately in terms of Mathieu functions. Applying boundary conditions at the impedance core and across different regions of channels and using orthogonality of angular Mathieu functions result in two simultaneous set of equations which would be solved numerically.
2. Park, T. J., H. J. Eom, W.-M. Boerner, and Y. Yamaguchi, "TE plane wave scattering from a dielectric-loaded semi-circular trough in a conducting plane," J. Electromagnetic Waves Applicat., Vol. 7, 235-245, 1993.
3. Byun, W. J., J. W. Yu, and N. H. Myung, "TM scattering from hollow and dielectric filled semielliptic channel with arbitrary eccentricity in a perfectly conducting plane," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 46, No. 9, 1336-1339, 1998.
4. Shen, T., D. Dou, and Z. Sun, "Gaussian beam scattering from a semicircular channel in a conducting plane," J. Electromagnetic Waves Applicat., Vol. 16, 67-85, 1997.
5. Ragheb, H. A., "Electromagnetic scattering from a coaxial dielectric circular cylinder loading a semi channel gap in a ground plane," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, No. 6, 1303-1309, 1995.
6. Hamid, A.-K., "Electromagnetic scattering from a dielectric coated conducting elliptic cylinder loading a semi-elliptic channel in a ground plane," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 2, 257-269, 2005.
7. Senior, T. B. and J. L. Volakis, "Scattering by gaps and cracks," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 37, 744-750, 1989.
8. Xiao, J.-K. and Y. Li, "Analysis of method of lines for a novel open truncated circular-groove guide," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 13, 1795-1805, 2005.
9. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941.
10. Abramovitz, M. and I. A. Stegan, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York, 1970.
11. Uslenghi, P. L. E., "High frequency scattering from a coated cylinder," Can. J. Phys., Vol. 42, 2121-2128, 1964.
12. Sebak, A. R., "Scattering from dielectric-coated impedance elliptic cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 10, 1574-1579, 2000.
13. Angiulli, G., "Radiation from dielectric coated elliptic conducting cylinder by assigned electric current distribution," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 131-149, 2006.