Impedance-Matching technique is in common use for antennas to broaden their bandwidth. Its application in hightemperature superconducting microstrip antennas is studied theoretically in this paper. It is found that employing an impedance-matching network directly to HTS microstrip antennas to broaden their bandwidth is of little significance.
2. Richard, M. A., K. B. Bashin, and P. C. Claspy, "Sup erconducting microstrip antennas: an experimental comparison of two feeding methods," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 41, No. 7, 967-974, 1993.
3. Pues, H. F. and A. R. Capelle, "An impedance-matching technique for increasing the bandwidth of microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, No. 11, 1345-1354, 1989.
4. Croq, F. and D. M. Pozar, "Millimeter-w ave design of wideband aperture-coupled stacked microstrip antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 39, No. 12, 1770-1776, 1991.
5. Denidni, T. A., Q. Rao, and A. R. Sebak, "T-shap ed microstrip feeding technique for a dual annular slot-antenna," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 5, 605-614, 2005.
6. Almutairi, A. F., S. F. Mahmoud, and N. A. Aljuhaishi, "Wideband circular patch antenna with 2-pin loading for wireless communications," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 6, 839-851, 2005.
7. Bilotti, F., M. Manzini, A. Al`u, and L. Vegni, "P olygonal patch antennas with reactive impedance surfaces," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 2, 169-182, 2006.
8. Liu, S. F., S. D. Liu, and B. R. Guan, "Study on a kind of broadband high-temperature superconducting microstrip antenna," Chinese Journal of Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 27, No. 4, 349-354, 2005.
9. Liu, S. F. and B. R. Guan, "Resonance characteristics of high-temperature superconducting microstrip antennas," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 21, No. 2, 244-248, 2006.