In this paper, the propagation of ultra-wideband (UWB) pulse based on time reversal (TR) technique is studied by finitedifferent time-domain method in indoor environment. Time compression and spatial focusing of TR waveform are simulated and the propagation of multi-waveform string is analyzed. Then UWB wireless signal transmission based on TR concept is studied numerically. The studied results indicate that the UWB communication based on TR technique can obtain better Inter-Symbol Interference (ISI) and Co- Channel Interference (CCI) performance than traditional one because of its unique property.
2. Choi, J. D. and W. E. Stark, "Performance of ultrawideband communications with suboptimal receivers in multipath channels," IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., Vol. 20, No. 9, 1754-1766, 2002.
3. Chen, Z.-N., X. H. Wu, H. F. Li, N. Yang, and M. Y. W. Chia, "Considerations for source pulses and antennas in UWB radio systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1739-1748, 2005.
4. Fan, Z., L. X. Ran, and J. A. Kong, "Source pulse optimizations for UWB radio systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1535-1550, 2006.
5. Yang, D., C. Liao, and W. Chen, "Numerical solution on coupling of UWB pulse into a rectangular cavity through slots," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 1629-1638, 2005.
6. Klemm, M. and G. Troester, "EM energy absorption in the human body tissues due to UWB antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 261-280, 2006.
7. Shen, X., M. Guizani, R. Qiu, and T. Le-Ngoc, UWB Wireless Communications and Network, John Wiley, New York, 2006.
8. Chong, C.-C. and S. K. Yong, "A generic statistical based UWB channel model for high-rise apartments," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 8, 2389-2399, 2005.
9. Arslan, H., Z. N. Chen, and M.-G. Di Benedetto, UWB Wireless Communications, John Wiley, New York, 2006.
10. Kyritsi, P., G. Papanicolaou, P. Eggers, and A. Oprea, Time reversal techniques for wireless communications, Proc. 60th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, 26-29, 2004.
11. Thomas, S., E. Majid, H. Jan, P. George, and A. J. Paulraj, Application of time-reversal with MMSE equalizer to UWB communications, Proc. 2004 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 3123-3127, 2004.
12. Li, K., X. Wang, G. Yue, and L. Ping, "A low-rate code-spread and chip-interleaved time-hopping UWB system," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 24, No. 4, 864-870, 2006.
13. Yue, L. and S. Lambotharan, A new tap constrained constant modulus algorithm for blind equalization of time reversal space time block codes, Proc. 2004 IEEE 5th Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communication, 273-277, 2004.
14. Qiu, R. C., C. Zhou, N. Guo, and J. Q. Zhang, "Time reversal with MISO for ultrawideband communication: experiment results," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, 269-273, 2006.
15. Nguyen, H. T., J. B. Andersen, and G. F. Pedersen, "The potential use of time reversal techniques in multiple element antenna systems," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 9, No. 1, 40-42, 2005.
16. Di Benedetto, M.-G. and G. Giancola, Understanding Ultra Wide Band Radio Fundamentals, Pearson Education Inc., 2004.
17. Wu, F., J.-L. Thomas, and M. Fink, "Time reversal of ultrasonic fields-Part II: Experimental results," IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonic, Vol. 39, No. 5, 567-578, 1992.
18. Lerosey, G., J. D. Rosny, A. Tourin, A. Derode, and M. Fink, "Time reversal of wideband microwaves," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 88, 154101-3, 2006.
19. Gong, Z. and G.-Q. Zhu, "FDTD analysis of an anisotropically coated missile," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 69-80, 2006.
20. Gao, S. and L.-W. Li, "and A. Sambell FDTD analysis of a dualfrequency microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 155-178, 2005.
21. Uduwawala, D., "Modeling and investigattion of planar parabolic dipoles for gpr applications: a comparison with bow-tie using FDTD," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 227-236, 2006.