A method is presented to calculate the monostatic Radar Cross Section (RCS) of an electrically large perfect conducting cylinder vertically located over a dielectric half-space using Physical Optics (PO) technique. The four-path modal method is used to approximate the influence of the half-space to the scattering mechanism. The comparison between the results calculated by this expression and that by Moment Method (MOM) show that the expression is effective and efficient.
2. Raphael, R., "Scattering of electromagnetic radiation by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1853-1860, 2006.
3. Shooshtari, A. and A. R. Sebak, "Electromagnetic scattering by parallel metamaterial cylinders," Progress In Electromagnetics Rearch, Vol. 57, 165-177, 2006.
4. Zhou, B., Q. Liu, J. Guo, and Y. Ji, "Research on a sleeve antenna mounted on metallic cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 6, 769-777, 2005.
5. Hill, S. C. and J. M. Jarem, "Scattering of multilayer concentric elliptical cylinders excited by single mode source," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 209-226, 2005.
6. Kashyap, S., A. Louie, and R. Paknys, RCS of cylinder on a ground plane, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 2, 1386-1389, 1996.
7. Shtager, E. A., "An estimation of sea surface influence on radar reflectivity of ships," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 47, 1623-1627, 1999.
8. Sletten, M. A., D. B. Trizna, and J. P. Hansen, "Ultrawide-band radar observations of multipath propagation over the sea surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 44, 646-651, 1996.
9. Johnson, J. T., "A study of the four-path model for scattering from an object above a half-space," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 30, 130-134, 2001.
10. Anastassiu, H. T., "A closed form, physical optics expression for the radar cross section of a perfectly conducting flag plate over a dielectric half-space," Radio Science, Vol. 38, 10-1, 2003.