Backscattering Radar Cross Section (RCS) of electrically large targets is analyzed using Physical Optics (PO) approximation. The targets are located in a dielectric half-space,and modeled with Nonuniform Rational B-spline (NURBS) surfaces. The influence of the half-space is considered by the "four-path" model approximation. Results show the validity of the method.
2. Domingo, M., F. Rivas, J. Perez, and M. F. Catedra, "Computation of the RCS of complex bodies modeled using NURBS surfaces," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 37, No. 6, 36-47, 1995.
3. Chen, M., Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "Calculation of the field distribution near electrically large NURBS surfaces with physical optics method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 11, 1511-1524, 2005.
4. Wang, N., Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "Creeping ray-tracing algorithm of UTD method based on NURBS models with the source on surface," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1981-1990, 2006.
5. Chen, M., X. W. Zhao, Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "Analysis of antenna around NURBS surface with iterative MOMPO technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave Applications, Vol. 20, No. 12, 1967-1680, 2006.
6. Pippi, A., S. Della Case, and S. Maci, A line-integral asymptotic representation of the PO radiation from NURBS surfaces, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 4, No. 6, 4511-4514, 2004.
7. Wang, N. and C. H. Liang, "Study on the occlusions between rays and NURBS surfaces in optical methods," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 243-249, 2007.
8. Wang, Y. and D. Longstaff, "F ast computation of Green's functions for a lossy dielectric half-space," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 25, No. 4, 287-289, 2000.
9. Sarabandi, K. and I.-S. Koh, "F ast multipole representation of Green's function for an impendance half-space," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 1, 296-301, 2004.
10. Knockaert, L. F., "Optimizing Green's functions in grounded layered media with artificial boundary conditions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 69-87, 2006.
11. Xu, X. B. and Y. F. Huang, "An efficient analysis of vertical dipole antennas above a lossy halfl-space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 353-377, 2007.
12. Shtager, E. A., "An estimation of sea surface influence on radar reflectivity of ships," IEEE Trans Antennas Propagate, Vol. 47, No. 10, 1623-1627, 1999.
13. Sletten, M. A., D. B. Trizna, and J. P. Hansen, "Ultra wide-band radar observations of multipath propagation over the sea surface," IEEE Trans Antennas Propagate, Vol. 44, No. 5, 646-651, 1996.
14. Johnson, J. T., "A study of the four-path model for scattering from an object above a half-space," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 30, No. 2, 130-134, 2001.
15. Nie, X. C., Y. B. Gan, N. Yuan, and C. F. Wang, "An efficient hybrid method for analysis of slot arrays enclosed by a large radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 249-264, 2006.
16. Anastassiu, H. T., "A closed form,ph ysical optics expression for the radar cross section of a perfectly conducting flag plate over a dielectric half-space," Radio Science, Vol. 38, 10-1, 2003.
17. Shi, F. Z., Computer Aided Design and Nonuniform Rational Bspline, P eking Higher Education Publisher, 2001.
18. Jones, D. S. and M. Kline, "Asymptotic expansions of multiple integrals and the method of the stationary phase," Journal of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 37, 1-28, 1957.