In this paper two new methods to reduce the crosstalk in WDM systems are presented. These two methods along with the present methods are analyzed and their performances are compared. The proposed methods yield better results. Both signal power and optical signal power to noise power ratio (OSNR) improve significantly.
2. Yu, C. X., et al., "System degradation due to multipath coherent crosstalk in WDM network nodes," J. of Light wave Technol., Vol. 16, No. 8, 1380-1386, 1998.
3. Khosravani, V., "et al. Reduction of coherent crosstalk in WDM Add/Drop multiplexing node by bit pattern misalignment," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 11, No. 1, 134-136, 1999.
4. Nelson, L. E., et al., "Coherent crosstalk impairments in polarization multiplexed transmission due to polarization mode dispersion," Opt. Express, Vol. 7, No. 10, 350-361, 2000.
5. Rassmussen, C. J., et al., "Theoretical an experimental studies of the influence of the number of crosstalk signal on the penalty caused by incoherent optical crosstalk," presented at Optical Fibre Conf. TuR5, 258-260, 1999.
6. Xu, S., et al., "Reducing crosstalk and signal distortion in WDM by increasing carrier life time in semiconductor optical amplifier," J. of Light wave Technol., Vol. 21, No. 6, 1474-1485, 2003.
7. Kaszubowska, A. and L. P. Barry, Cross channel interference due to mode-partition-noise in WDM systems, International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), 18-21, 2001.
8. Anandarajah, P., A. Kaszubowska, and L. P. Barry, "Performance degradation in WDM systems due cross-channel interference induced by mode partition noise," High Frequency Postgraduate Colloquium, 9-10, 2001.
9. Anandarajah, P., A. Kaszubowska, and L. P. Barry, Effect of cross channel interference on the BER of WDM optical systems using self-seeded gain-switched pulse sources, IEEE Laser and Electro-Optics Annual Conference, 12-15, 2001.
10. Kaszubowska, A., L. P. Barry, and P. Anandarajah, Characterization of wavelength interleaving in radio/fiber systems employing WDM/SCM, IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Conference, 7-11, 2004.
11. Kaszubowska-Anandarajah, A. and L. P. Barry, Cross channel interference due to wavelength drift of tunable lasers in DWDM networks' E. Connolly, International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks, No. 6, 1318-1322, 2006.
12. Kaszubowska-Anandarajah, A. and L. P. Barry, "Adjacent channel interference due to wavelength drift of a tunable laser in base-band and subcarrier multiplexed system," 2006 LEOS Annual Meeting, 29-969, 2006.
13. Khosravani, R. and A. E. Willner, Comparison of different modulation formats in terrestrial systems with high polarization mode dispersion, Proc. Optical Fibre Communication (OFC2000), Vol. 2, No. 3, 201-203, 2000.
14. Sunnerud, H., et al., "Acomparison between NRZ and RZ data formats with respect to PMD induced system degradation," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 5, 448-450, 2001.
15. Kim H., et al., "Polarization mode dispersion impairment in direct deduction differential phase shift keying system," Electron. Lett., Vol. 38, No. 18, 1047-1048, 2002.
16. Zhu, Y., et al., Polarization channel interleaved carrier suppression RZ ETDM/DWDM transmission at 40 Gb/s with 0.8 bit/s/Hz spectral efficiency, Proc. Eur. Conf. Optical Communication (ECOC 2001), Vol. 1, No. 10, 54-55, 2001.
17. Nelson, L. E., et al., "Observation of PMD induced coherent crosstalk in polarization multiplexed transmission," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 7, 738-740, 2001.
18. Khurgin, J. B., et al., "Reducing adjacent channel interference in RZ WDM system via dispersion interleaving," IEEE Photonics. Technol. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 3, 915-917, 2004.
19. Singh, S. P. and N. Singh, "Nonlinear effects in optical fibers: origin, management and applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 249-275, 2007.
20. Singh, S. P., R. Gangwar, and N. Singh, "Nonlinear scattering effects in optical fiber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 379-405, 2007.
21. Gangwar, R., S. P. Singh, and N. Singh, "Soliton based optical communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 157-166, 2007.
22. Biswas, A., S. Konar, and E. Zerrad, "Soliton-soliton interaction with parabolic law nonlinearty," J. of electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 7, 927-939, 2006.
23. Biswas, A. and S. Konar, "Soliton-soliton interaction with Kerr law nonlinearity," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 11, 1443-1453, 2005.
24. Biswas, A., Shwetanshumala, and S. Konar, "Dynamically stable dispersion-managed optical solitons with parabolic law nonlinearity," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 9, 1249-1258, 2006.