An approximate perturbative technique for the analysis of electromagnetic scattering from dielectric bodies of arbitrary shape containing dielectric inclusions, illuminated by an arbitrarily polarized incident plane wave, is investigated. The perturbative approach here presented allows for the efficient computation of the scattering properties of a given body as the inclusions vary, with a formulation solving only for the inclusion bound field component.
2. Alu, A., N. Engheta, A. Erentok, and R. W. Ziolkowsli, "Singlenegative, double-negative, and low-index metamaterials and their elctromagnetic applications," Radio Science Bulletin, No. 319, 2006.
3. Grzegorczyk, T. M. and J. A. Kong, "Review of left-handed metamaterials: Evolution from theoretical and numerical studies to potential applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2053-2064, 2006.
4. Chen, H., B.-I. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Review of electromagnetic theory in left-handed materials," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 15, 2137-2151, 2006.
5. Yang, R., Y.-J. Xie, P.Wang, and L. Li, "Microstrip antennas with left-handed materials substrates," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1221-1233, 2006.
6. Guo, Y. and R. M. Xu, "Planar metamaterials supporting multiple left-handed modes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 239-251, 2006.
7. Ishimaru, A., S. Jaruwatanadilok, and Y. Kuga, "Generalized surface plasmon resonance sensors using metamaterials and negative index materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 139-152, 2005.
8. Holloway, C. L., E. F. Kuester, J. Baker-Jarvis, and P. Kabos, "A double negative (DNG) composite medium composed of magnetodielectric spherical particles embedded in a matrix," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2596-2603, 2003.
9. Semichaevsky and A., A. Akyurtlu, "Homogenization of metamaterial-loaded substrates and superstrates for antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 129-147, 2007.
10. Lewin, L., The electrical constants of a material loaded with spherical particles, Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng., Vol. 94, 65-68, 1947.
11. Livesay, D. E. and K.-M. Chen, "Electromagnetic fields induced inside arbitrary shaped biological bodies," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. MTT-22, No. 12, 1273-1280, 1974.
12. Pelosi, G., A. Cocchi, and S. Selleri, "Electromagnetic scattering from infinite periodic structure with a localized impurity," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 49, No. 5, 697-702, 2001.
13. Bolli, P., G. G. Gentili, L. Lucci, R. Nesti, G. Pelosi, and G. Toso, "A hybrid perturbative technique for the analysis of the interaction between a circular corrugated horn and the structure of a reflector antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 14, No. 2, 595-603, 2006.