High frequency field expressions are derived around feed point of a two dimensional cassegrain system using the Maslov's method. Maslov's method is a systematic procedure for predicting the field in the caustic region combining the simplicity of ray theory and generality of the transform method. Numerical computations are made for the analysis of field pattern around the caustic of a cassegrain system.
2. Felson, L. B., Hybrid Formulation of wave Propagation and Scattering, Nato ASI Series, Martinus Nijhoff, Dordrecht, The Netherland, 1984.
3. Chapman, C. H. and R. Drummond, "Body wave seismograms in inhomogeneous media using Maslov asymptotic theory," Bull. Seismol., Vol. 72, 277-317, 1982.
4. Fuks, I. M., "Asymptotic solutions for backscattering by smooth 2D surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 189-226, 2005.
5. Martinez, D., F. Las-Heras, and R. G. Ayestaran, "Fast methods for evaluating the electric field level in 2D-indoor enviroments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 247-255, 2007.
6. Kravtsov, V. A., "Two new methods in the theory of wave propagation in inhomogeneous media (review)," Sov. Phys. Acoust., Vol. 14, No. 1, 1-17, 1968.
7. Ziolkowski, R. W. and G. A. Deschamps, "Asymptotic evaluation of high frequency field near a caustic: An introduction to Maslov's method," Radio Sci., Vol. 19, 1001-1025, 1984.
8. Hongo, K. and Yu Ji., "High-frequency expression for the field in the caustic region of a reflector using Maslov's method," Radio Sci., Vol. 21, No. 6, 911-919, 1986.
9. Hongo, K. and Yu Ji, "High-frequency expression for the field in the caustic region of a cylindrical reflector using Maslov's method," Radio Sci., Vol. 22, No. 3, 357-366, 1987.
10. Maslov, V. P., Perturbation Theory and Asymptotic Method, Moskov., Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1965 (in Russian). (Translated into Japanese by Ouchi et al., Iwanami, Tokyo, 1976.
11. Gorman, A. D., "Vector field near caustics," J. Math. Phys., Vol. 26, 1404-1407, 1985.
12. Felson, L. B. and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N. J., 1973.