This paper presents the study of a circular slot antenna for ultrawide-band (UWB) applications. Antenna is fed by a circular open ended microstrip line. The frequency band considered is from 4 to 14 GHz, which has approved as a commercial UWB band. The proposed antenna has a return loss less than 10 dB, phased linear, and gain flatness over the above a frequency band.
2. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. D. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular disc monopole antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3500-3504, 2005.
3. Habib, M. A., T. A. Denidni, and G. Y. Delisle, Design of a new wide-band CPW-fed a circular slot antenna, Conference IEEE, 565-568, 2005.
4. Yang, T. Y., W. A. Davis, and W. L. Stutzman, Small, planar, ultra-wideband antennas with top-loading, Conference IEEE, 479-482, 2005.
5. Ma, T.-G. and C.-H. Tseng, "An ultrawideband coplanar waveguide-fed tapered ring slot antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 4, 1105-1110, 2006.
6. McCorkle, J. W., "Electrically small planar (unbalanced) UWB antenna," XtremeSpectrum.
7. Wong, K. L., Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, Int., 2002.