In this paper, two new interconnect structures called Multi-Segmented S-G-S (Signal-Ground-Signal) and S-O-S (Signal- Open-Signal) interconnects are proposed and compared with the conventional S-S-S interconnects. In these interconnect structures a multi-segmented grounded or opened line is inserted between two adjacent signal lines. The grounded (opened) lines have been grounded (opened) not only in their terminals, but also in some places along their length. The performances of these interconnects are studied via some examples.
2. Gilb, J. P. K. and C. A. Balanis, "Pulse distortion on multiplayer coupled microstrip lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., No. 10, 1620-1628, 1989.
3. Gilb, J. P. K. and C. A. Balanis, "Asymmetric, multi- conductor low-coupling structures for high-speed, high-density digital interconnects," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., No. 12, 2100-2106, 1991.
4. Weirather, R. R., "A small MIC coupler with with good directivity," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., No. 1, 70-71, 1974.
5. Novak, I., B. Eged, and L. Hatvani, "Measurement and computer simulation of discrete discontinuities along coupled PCB traces," IEEE Conf. Instrumentation and Measurement and Technology Conference, No. 5, 385-385, 1993.
6. Gipprich, J. and D. Stevens, "A new via fence structure for crosstalk reduction in high density stripline packages," IEEE MTT-S Int. Mic. Symp. Dig., 1719-1722, 2001.
7. Qian, Y. and G. Yamashita, "Characterization of picosecond pulse crosstalk between coupled microstrip lines with arbitrary conductor width," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., No. 7, 1011-1016, 1993.
8. Khala j Amirhosseini, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Effiecient interconnect design using grounded-lines," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., No. 9, 1289-1300, 2003.
9. You, H. and M. Soma, "Crosstalk analysis of interconnection lines and packages in high speed integrated circuits," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems, No. 8, 1019-1026, 1990.
10. Novak, I., B. Eged, and L. Hatvani, "Measurement and simulation of crosstalk reduction by discrete discontinuities along coupled PCB traces," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Measur., No. 2, 170-175, 1994.
11. Khalaj Amirhosseini, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Optimum and wideband design of G-S-G interconnects," Proc. IASTED int. Conf. on Communication Systems and Networks, 1-3, 2004.
12. Khalaj Amirhosseini, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Optimum design of microstrip RF interconnects," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., No. 12, 1707-1715, 2004.
13. Paul, C. R., Analysis of Multiconductor Transmission Lines, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 1994.