The theory of scattering in open and closed areas by a novel structure of a dielectric-metallic post is developed with the use of a combination of a modified iterative scattering procedure and an orthogonal expansion method. The scattered field pattern for open structures and frequency responses of the transmission and re ection coefficients in a rectangular waveguide are derived. The turn and displacement of the post in a waveguide allows to change the resonance frequency of the circuit. A good agreement is obtained between the results of our method and those received from FDTD simulations and measurements. The proposed model is much faster than the FDTD method used for comparison. The computation time is independent of the kind of dielectric material the post is made of.
2. Polewski, M. and J. Mazur, "Scattering by an array of conducting, lossy dielectric, ferrite and pseudochiral cylinders," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 38, 283-310, 2002.
3. Jim, J. M. and V. V. Liepa, "Application of hybrid finite element method to electromagnetic scattering from coated cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP-36, 50-54, 1988.
4. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by parallel conducting circular cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP-35, 355-358, 1987.
5. Nielsen, E. D., "Scattering by a cylindrical post of complex permittivity in a waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 17, No. 3, 148-153, 1969.
6. Elsherbeni, A. Z., M. Hamid, and G. Tian, "Iterative scattering of a Gaussian beam by an array of circular conducting and dielectric cylinders," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 10, 1323-1342, 1993.
7. Valero, A. and M. Ferrando, "Full-wave equivalent network representation for multiple arbitrary shaped posts in Hplane waveguide," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 10, 1997-2002, 1999.
8. Gesche, R. and N. LÃ¶chel, "Two cylindrical obstacles in a rectangular waveguide-resonances and filter applications," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 37, No. 6, 962-968, 1989.
9. Gesche, R. and N. LÃ¶chel, "Scattering by a lossy dielectric cylinder in a rectangular waveguide," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 36, No. 1, 137-144, 1988.
10. Hsu, C. G. and H. A. Auda, "Multiple dielectric posts in a rectangular waveguide," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 34, 883-891.
11. Amari, S., S. Catreux, R. Vahldieck, and J. Bornemann, "Analysis of ridged circular waveguides by the coupled-integralequations technique," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 46, No. 5, 1998.
12. Ryzyk, I. M. and I. S. Gradsztejn, "Tablice calek, sum, szeregow i iloczynow," PWN Warszawa, 1964.
13. Quick-Wave 3D, http://www.qwed.com.pl.
14. Amari, S., R. Vahledieck, and J. Bornemann, Analysis of propagation in periodically loaded circular waveguides, IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 146, No. 1, 1999.