The high frequency diffraction of Ez-polarized plane waves by a dielectric loaded thick-walled parallel-plate impedance waveguide is investigated rigorously by using Fourier transform technique in conjunction with the mode-matching method. Relying upon the image bisection principle, the original problem is splitted up into two simpler ones and each individual boundary-value problem is formulated with this mixed method which gives rise to a scalar Wiener-Hopf equation of the second kind. The solution of each Wiener-Hopf equation contains infinitely many constants satisfying an infinite system of linear algebraic equations. A numeric solution of this system is obtained for various values of the dielectric constant, plate impedances plate thickness, and the distance between the plates through which the effect of these parameters on the diffraction phenomenon is studied.
2. Abrahams, I. D., "Scattering of sound by three semi-infinite planes," J. Sound Vibr., Vol. 112, 396-398, 1987.
3. Buyukaksoy, A. and B. Polat, "Plane wave diffraction by a thick-walled parallel-plate impedance waveguide," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagattion, Vol. 46, 1692-1699, 1998.
4. Alkumru, A., "Plane wave diffraction by three parallel thick impedance half plane," JEWA, Vol. 12, 801-819, 1998.
5. Mittra, R. and S. W. Lee, Analytical Techniques in The Theory ofGuide d Waves, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1971.
6. Senior, T. B. A., "Half-plane edge diffraction," Radio Sci., Vol. 10645-650, 10645-650, 1975.
7. Tayyar, I. H. and A. Buyukaksoy, Plane wave diffraction by the junction of a thick impedance half-plane and a thick dielectric slab, IEE Proc. Sci. Meas. Technol..