We present a curvilinear coordinate based method giving the field scattered by a plane surface with a cylindrical local perturbation illuminated by a plane wave. The boundary-value problem turns on the same scalar eigen equation that is solved in the spectral domain. Numerical results are successfully compared with those obtained by other rigorous methods
2. Benali, A., J. Chandezon, and J. Fontaine, "A new theory for scattering of electromagnetic waves from conducting or dielectric rough surfaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, No. 2, Feb. 1992.
3. Dusseaux, R. and R. de Oliveira, "Scattering of a plane wave by a 1-dimensional rough surface — Study in a non orthogonal coordinate system," J. of Electromagnetic Waves and Appl., Vol. 15, No. 10, 1365-1366, 2001.
4. Baudier, C. and R. Dusseaux, "Scattering of an E//-polarized plane wave by one-dimensional rough surfaces: numerical applicability domain of a Rayleigh method in the far-field zone," J. of Electromagnetic Waves and Appl..
5. Faure-Geors, H. and D. Maystre, "Improvement of the Kirchhoff approximation for scattering from rough surfaces," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 6, 532-542, 1989.
6. Maystre, D., "Electromagnetic scattering from perfectly conducting surfaces in the resonance region," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 31, No. 6, 885-895, 1983.