Abstract-Photonic Bandgap (PBG) materials have been investigated for their versatility in controlling the propagation of electromagnetic waves [1, 2]. In order to determine PBG structures responses, several analytical or numerical methods are used, such as:
2. Joannopoulos, J. D., R. D. Meade, and J. N. Winn, Photonic Crystals, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ, 1995.
3. Zhang, Z. and S. Satpathy, "Electromagnetic waves in periodic structures: Bloch wave solution of Maxwell's equations," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 65, 1990.
4. Marcuvitz, N., Waveguide Handbook, MacGraw Hill Book Company, 1951.
5., Commercial 3D finite-element package., Vol. 7, Ansoft-HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator).
6. Ho, K. M, C. T. Chan, and C. M. Soukoulis, "Existence of a photonic gap in periodic dielectric structures," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 65, 1990.
7. Ozbay., E. et al., "Measurement of a three-dimensional photonic band gap in a crystal structure made of dielectric rods," Phys. Rev., 1994.
8. Poilasne, G., P. Pouliguen, K. Mahdjoubi, L. Desclos, and C. Terret, "Active metallic photonic band-gap materials (MPBG): Experimental results on beam shaper," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 1, 117-119, 2000.
9. De Lustrac, A., F. Gadot, S. Cabaret, J. M. Lourtioz, T. Brillat, A. Priou, and E. Akmansoy, "Experimental demonstration of electrically controllable photonic crystals at centimeter wavelengths," Applied Physical Letters, Vol. 75, No. 9, 1625-1627, 1999.
10. Taflove, A. and M. E. Brodwin, "Numerical solution of steady state electromagnetic scattering problems using the time-domain dependent Maxwell's equations," IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 23, No. 8, 1975.
11. Taflove, A., Advances in Computational Electrodynamics, the Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method.
12. Thevenot, M., A. Reinex, and B. Jecko, "FDTD to analyze complex PBG structures in the reciprocal space," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 21, No. 1, 1999.
13. Guiffaut, C., FDTD Code Developed in RENNES..
14. MATLAB edited by The Mathworks Inc., Computation, Computation, Visualization and Programming Package..
15. Collardey, S., G. Poilasne, A.-C. Tarot, P. Pouliguen, K. Mahdjoubi, and C. Terret, "Metallic photonic band-gap propagation modes characterization," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, No. 3, 2001.
16. Collardey, S., G. Poilasne, A.-C. Tarot, P. Pouliguen, K. Mahdjoubi, and C. Terret, "Propagation modes in k-space and radiation pattern of metallic photonic band gap materials," ISAP2000, 21-25, 2000.