The diffraction of E-polarized plane waves by a tandem impedance slit waveguide is investigated rigorously by using the Fourier transform technique in conjunction with the Mode Matching method. This mixed method of formulation gives rise to a scalar Wiener-Hopf equation of the second kind,the solution of which contains infinitely many constants satisfying an infinite system of linear algebraic equations. A numerical solution of this system is obtained for various values of the surface impedances,slit width and the distance between the slits,through which the effect of these parameters on the diffraction phenomenon are studied.
2. Levine, H. and J. Schwinger, "On the theory of electromagnetic wave diffraction by an aperture in an infinite plane conducting screen," Comm. on Pure and Appl. Math., Vol. 3, 355-391, December 1950.
3. Kashyap, S. C. and M. A. K. Hamid, "Diffraction characteristics of a slit in a thick conducting screen," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 19, No. 4, 499-507, July 1971.
4. Yoshidomi, K. and K. Aoki, "Scattering of an E-polarized plane wave by two parallel rectangular impedance cylinders," Radio Sci., Vol. 23, 471-480, 1988.
5. Buyukaksoy, A. and B. Polat, "Diffraction of acoustic waves by a semi-infinite cylindrical impedance pipe of certain wall thickness," J. Engng. Math., Vol. 33, 333-352, 1998.
6. Buyukaksoy, A. and B. Polat, "Plane wave diffraction by a thick walled impedance waveguide," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, 1692-1699, 1998.
7. Mittra, R. and S. W. Lee, Analytical Techniques in the Theory of Guided Waves, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1971.
8. Senior, T. B. A., "Half-plane edge diffraction," Radio Sci., Vol. 10, 645-650, 1975.
9. Karp, S. N. and A. Russek, "Diffraction by a wide slit," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 37, 886-894, 1956.